PDA

View Full Version : Disk Full?? No way!

useid200
09-23-2005, 09:26 PM
Ok, this is my first post... I have been reading here a while and hacked my S2 DTiVo v6.2. Everything has been running great and I am very happy with everything except for this issue.

First, I purchased the PTVNet CD and used that to initially enable network, etc. At the time I installed a new 120GB hard drive. Then I expirimented with other tools such as mfs_ftp, tserver, vserver, TivoWebPlus and others. Everything was still ok.

Then I found BufferHack4.0b. I thought it would be nice to have a 1hr buffer on both channels (like I did with Dish). Ever since I installed that my DTiVo has been running fine -- except it says there is no space available on /dev/hda4. Whenever I try to copy files or add something is says there is not space. Now /var (/dev/hda9) works fine. Here is what the INFO util in TiVoWebPlus 1.2.1 tells me:

Filesystem Type Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on
/dev/hda4 ext2 124M 124M 0 100% /
/dev/hda9 ext2 124M 27M 91M 23% /var

/dev/hda:
multcount = 16 (on)
I/O support = 0 (default 16-bit)
using_dma = 1 (on)
readahead = 8 (on)
geometry = 14593/255/63, sectors = 234441648, start = 0
drive state is: active/idle

Device: WDC WD1200JB-00GVC0 Supports ATA Version 6
Check S.M.A.R.T. Passed

Tonight I restored the backup of /tvbin/tivoapp that was created before I ran bufferhack40b.tcl. But it is still saying the same thing. Any help would be appreciated. Because of this, my Hackman util in tivowebplus won't work because it is trying to create or edit a file and bombs with no space error.

Thanks!!

eastwind
09-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Ok, this is my first post... I have been reading here a while and hacked my S2 DTiVo v6.2. Everything has been running great and I am very happy with everything except for this issue.

First, I purchased the PTVNet CD and used that to initially enable network, etc. At the time I installed a new 120GB hard drive. Then I expirimented with other tools such as mfs_ftp, tserver, vserver, TivoWebPlus and others. Everything was still ok.

Then I found BufferHack4.0b. I thought it would be nice to have a 1hr buffer on both channels (like I did with Dish). Ever since I installed that my DTiVo has been running fine -- except it says there is no space available on /dev/hda4. Whenever I try to copy files or add something is says there is not space. Now /var (/dev/hda9) works fine. Here is what the INFO util in TiVoWebPlus 1.2.1 tells me:

Filesystem Type Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on
/dev/hda4 ext2 124M 124M 0 100% /
/dev/hda9 ext2 124M 27M 91M 23% /var

/dev/hda:
multcount = 16 (on)
I/O support = 0 (default 16-bit)
using_dma = 1 (on)
readahead = 8 (on)
geometry = 14593/255/63, sectors = 234441648, start = 0
drive state is: active/idle

Device: WDC WD1200JB-00GVC0 Supports ATA Version 6
Check S.M.A.R.T. Passed

Tonight I restored the backup of /tvbin/tivoapp that was created before I ran bufferhack40b.tcl. But it is still saying the same thing. Any help would be appreciated. Because of this, my Hackman util in tivowebplus won't work because it is trying to create or edit a file and bombs with no space error.

Thanks!!
The most common reason for this IIRC is having backup copies of tivoapp and other files still in the root filesystem. You only need to move those backups to /var (or to a PC) to free up some space. You might also have to "clean up" the filesystem to make sure that the space gets recovered (not sure if this is automagic during a reboot or not).

BTW, none of the recordings are stored in /.
ew

useid200
09-23-2005, 10:21 PM
Thanks! I deleted the backup tivoapps I had in the tvbin dir and that free'd up 51MB. I was thinking that the info screen was saying 124GB used not MB.... doh!

Thanks, again!