PDA

View Full Version : TyTool 9r18 --to--DVD-lab

michman
09-26-2005, 12:30 PM
All I want to be able to do is take shows off my DirecTiVo and burn them to DVD's.

Everything I have tried ends up failing because DVD-lab seams to fuss at everything. Can anyone provide me with step by step instruction on how to use tytool 9r18 with dvd-lab?

Thankyou in advance for your help.

captain_video
09-26-2005, 01:37 PM
1. Extract in tystream mode using TyTools, mfs_ftp, or your extraction program of choice
2. Make key files in TyTools
3. Edit key files
4. Multiplex edited files with cuts
5. Import mpegs into DVD-Lab and let it demux them to elementary streams (ignore the warning mesage that DVD-Lab displays and just click OK to continue)
6. Drag and drop the mpv and mpa files to separate movie windows
7. Create menu; link each movie to a menu item (text, object, etc.)
8. Test your project to make sure all the links work; don't forget to set the navigation links for each menu item so you can access them from the menu (i.e., make sure you can scroll from one item to the next or you won't be able to access all menu items)
9. Compile the DVD using the relaxed multiplexing method
10. Burn the contnents of the VIDEO_TS file to DVD using Nero and DVD Video setting.

michman
09-26-2005, 03:36 PM
Everything looks good until #6. The two types of files I get after demuxing are mpv and ac3. Also, when I put them into seperate movies like you suggested, I can't compile. It gives me a message saying "Movie 2 has no video inside", "either add video or delete movie 2"

Any ideas?

larryltl
09-27-2005, 02:15 AM
You should drop both files into the same movie (1 audio / 1 video file per movie). It sounds like you may be dropping, for instance, the video file into Movie 1 and the audio file into Movie 2.

michman
09-27-2005, 08:03 AM
Yes, I know how to put both audio and video files in one movie larryltl.
Look at the previous post which I am reffering to. captain_video says in step #6 to "Drag and drop the mpv and mpa files to separate movie windows"

I just wanted some clarification on that from him.

If I try to compile like you suggest larryltl then I end up failing durring compile as noted in my first post.

If anyone has a more detailed description of a step-by-step process for going from tytool to DVDlab cutting comercials, please let me know.