PDA

View Full Version : TyTools Does Not Work

Jeffrey903
09-27-2005, 05:36 PM
Hello,

After installing PTVnet for my Directivo (Phillips DSR 7000 - it has the 6.2 version) I want to backup my tv shows to my computer, and I have tserver running and I have TyTools 9r14 (I have also tried TyTools9r18 and have had the same results) and it successfully connects to tserver, and can download the .ty files, but whenever I go to create the keys, I get this message:

Generating KeyFrame File: c:\dtivo\TVShow-Episode.ty
Sorry... Failed to get the first 10 initial chunks...
Have to have at least that many to start the analysis phase...

DiffTime = 0.000000 (0) == 0.000000 Minutes

total = 1310720 (1 MB)

Done with 'c:\dtivo\TVShow-Episode.ty'...

Can anyone please help me fix this problem? The number one reason I got PTVnet was so I could backup my tv shows.

Thanks!

Also, I don't know what version of tserver I have on the tivo, so if anyone knows what the latest version is and can give me a link to it, it would be very appreciated.

I have tried out multiple different copies of the tserver, and have extensively searched the forums here and have been trying to get this work for a while, and would appreciate any help at all.

The Only Druid
09-27-2005, 06:12 PM
First of all, go here:
6.2 Collected Info (http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42325&highlight=collected+info). This forum doesn't look kindly on people not doing the underlying work to hack their tivo (i.e. people wont generally answer questions pertaining to "guides" or the ilk. The thread I linked you to is one I assembled back when 6.2 first came out and have maintained as it evolved. It collects links/info on hacking each part of 6.2.

After installing PTVnet for my Directivo (Phillips DSR 7000 - it has the 6.2 version)
(a) It concerns me that you're using the wrong nomeclature here...

I want to backup my tv shows to my computer, and I have tserver running and I have TyTools 9r14 (I have also tried TyTools9r18 and have had the same results)
(b) 9r18 has quite a few serious improvements over 9r14. There's ZERO reason to be running 14 insteaad.
(c) You must be running the latest version of tserver (which eliminates the need for an external NowShowing.tcl file) when using 6.2.

and it successfully connects to tserver, and can download the .ty files, but whenever I go to create the keys, I get this message:

Can anyone please help me fix this problem? The number one reason I got PTVnet was so I could backup my tv shows.
(d) I'm fairly sure this is because your shows are still scrambled. Shows recorded prior to any hacking are DEFINATELY scrambled, and if you haven't disabled encryption/scrambling then all new recordings are also scrambled/encrypted. Such shows cannot be edited/played off the tivo.
(e) It is possible to unscramble such recordings. Do a search for unscramble. It involves monte'ing into a custom kernal. If you don't understand that sentence, you've got a bit of reading to do before asking further questions. Start with the official threads for the s2_unscramble kernal and go from there.

Also, I don't know what version of tserver I have on the tivo, so if anyone knows what the latest version is and can give me a link to it, it would be very appreciated.
(f) The official TyTools thread has numerous links, but you can also find a link to it in the thread I linked to at the top of this post.

I have tried out multiple different copies of the tserver, and have extensively searched the forums here and have been trying to get this work for a while, and would appreciate any help at all.
(g) I find odd that you say you've searched; you should have found this sort of information based on your error message, but nonetheless good luck fixing it.

eastwind
09-27-2005, 06:14 PM
http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=203995&highlight=Failed+10+initial+chunks#post203995

The Only Druid
09-27-2005, 06:18 PM
http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=203995&highlight=Failed+10+initial+chunks#post203995
Well played.

Jeffrey903
09-27-2005, 07:58 PM
Just wanted to thank you. I read the FAQ and did a little bit more searching and applied the superfetch hack and it now works like a charm!

The Only Druid
09-28-2005, 01:13 AM
Glad to hear it. Good luck.

nofences
09-29-2005, 02:18 AM
SERVER: We got a message! buf = 'SHOWING'
invalid attribute: TimeZone
while executing
"dbobj $setup get TimeZone"
("uplevel" body line 5)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"transaction {uplevel $body}"
(procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set setup [db $db open /Setup]

# set defrecquality [dbobj $setup get RecordQuality]
set setuptz [dbobj $setup ..."
(procedure "init_db" line 45)
invoked from within
"init_db"
(file "/var/hack/NowShowing.tcl" line 480)
Waiting for an incoming connection!

This is my problem, this is the response in Bash when I try and retrieve the Now Showing list. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be appreciative.

eastwind
09-29-2005, 06:24 AM
invalid attribute: TimeZone
This is my problem, this is the response in Bash when I try and retrieve the Now Showing list. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be appreciative.--->Try a search on the error message.
ew

spamfilter
09-29-2005, 09:51 AM
For nofences, problem with getting the list of now showing info. Read and re-read suggestion (C) in post #2 of this thread.