PDA

View Full Version : I have searched the forums to no avail.

Teke
09-30-2005, 10:01 AM
I am looking to get info on how to get the tivotools.tar file onto my harddrive. I tried booting with a live linux disk but couldn't figure that out, I tried Mac OSx tiger with no luck. I searched the forums still no luck. I also, even tried telnet to the tivo but it said all the files were locked. Can someone please help.
Thanks.
Teke

cheer
09-30-2005, 11:30 AM
I am looking to get info on how to get the tivotools.tar file onto my harddrive. I tried booting with a live linux disk but couldn't figure that out, I tried Mac OSx tiger with no luck. I searched the forums still no luck. I also, even tried telnet to the tivo but it said all the files were locked. Can someone please help.
Thanks.
Teke
Not nearly enough information. Is your Tivo hacked? If you are trying to do it via ftp, make sure your root partition is mounted as rw.

"No luck" doesn't really tell us what is happening when you try to mount it.

Teke
09-30-2005, 02:18 PM
I just assumed too much. I think I got it working. I had to rw the drive to write things to it from ftp. I haven't had a chance to test it yet but I will when I get home. I will post later if I have any problems in great detail.

Thanks

Teke
10-04-2005, 08:16 AM
Got it to work. Searched google for my error message and I found the right info.

Thanks