PDA

View Full Version : incomplete ty to mpg

icedutah
10-07-2005, 06:22 PM
I have some shows that are 3-4 hours long. I can use either tivoweb or mfs_ftp to download them to my pc fine. They are around ~5 gigabytes in size as a .ty file. When I use tytools to convert them the .mpg they output to only around ~512 mb.

I have tried muliple times. I have tried downloading the .ty+ and the .tmf....same result....shortened video files.

I have also tried running tystudio in linux and in windows. Every time it loads a .ty file it closes itself out. This happens on two os's....windows and Fedora linux.

eastwind
10-07-2005, 06:26 PM
I have some shows that are 3-4 hours long. I can use either tivoweb or mfs_ftp to download them to my pc fine. They are around ~5 gigabytes in size as a .ty file. When I use tytools to convert them the .mpg they output to only around ~512 mb.

I have tried muliple times. I have tried downloading the .ty+ and the .tmf....same result....shortened video files.

I have also tried running tystudio in linux and in windows. Every time it loads a .ty file it closes itself out. This happens on two os's....windows and Fedora linux.
There once was a problem with mfs_export (or was it mfs_stream?). Try using TyTool to extract and see what happens.

ew

icedutah
10-07-2005, 06:40 PM
Thanks.
I'm just trying to find the correct tserver file for my hughes dtivo.

eastwind
10-07-2005, 06:43 PM
Thanks.
I'm just trying to find the correct tserver file for my hughes dtivo.
Depends more on the Series than the manufacturer. S1=ppc S2=mips.

ew

captain_video
10-07-2005, 09:01 PM
Make sure you're selecting the Get option and not the Get Parts. Each ty file is made up of multiple FSIDs that are about 512MB in size. If you only select one of them then you'll end up with a partial ty file that's 512MB.

benjatado
10-08-2005, 11:14 PM
Yes - I have been having this same problem too! :confused:
I have a ty file that is over 1GB in size, when I try and VSplit9r16.exe -m
the ty file, I only get 35mins? I am using mfs_ftp to transfer the ty files and TyTool9r18/VSplit9r16 to mux the ty to an mpeg.
I have previously been able to VSplit several ty files to mpeg even those 980MB in size...

But now however...I am only getting mpeg files that are half the size of the ty file upon muxing via VSplit??
How can something work once _ and then fail to work now...?

Any answers or knowledge into this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Also - what is the average difference of file size between a ty file and a muxed mpeg file (about how many bites >/< the ty file is the mpeg file?)

Here's my setup:
DTivo_S2 3.1.1e(PTVNet/Instacake)
MFS_FTP(with S2 binaries)
TyTool9r18(VSplit9r16 -m)

-Thanks -

~benja

benjatado
10-09-2005, 12:01 AM
Well, the good news - .tmf files to [VSplit9r16 - m] works like a charm...

But the bad news is, WHY?

:confused:

It is still puzzeling to me why the .ty files muxed properly a few weeks ago, but fail to anymore?

Any insight to why this occurs? Also, does a .ty vs .tmf filetype have any difference in the quality of the resulting mpeg?

thanks,

~benja

icedutah
10-10-2005, 06:51 PM
After using tserver to download the files everything is downloading fine now. I guess the mfs_ftp has some bugs.

drummergirlclai
10-13-2005, 02:17 PM
Yep, I'm having the same problem: The ty file I'm trying to convert is 1.61 GB. Yet, the mpeg file being created using tytool9r18 multiplex option is only part of the movie and only 337 MB. I also tried the VOB-MUX option and played the VOB file as a dvd. Same problem. @300MB file and only part of the movie is there.

I've tried extracting the .ty file with both mfs_ftp and tserver. Same exact result.

What did you have to do exactly to fix/workaround this?

eastwind
10-13-2005, 02:34 PM
Yep, I'm having the same problem: The ty file I'm trying to convert is 1.61 GB. Yet, the mpeg file being created using tytool9r18 multiplex option is only part of the movie and only 337 MB. I also tried the VOB-MUX option and played the VOB file as a dvd. Same problem. @300MB file and only part of the movie is there.

I've tried extracting the .ty file with both mfs_ftp and tserver. Same exact result.

What did you have to do exactly to fix/workaround this?
There was a problem with at least one version of mfs_stream (or was it mfs_export?) that affected mfs_ftp extractions (that has been since fixed). If you're also having the same problem with a tserver extraction, you may have a damaged stream. What is your hardware and software version? How is the system hacked?

ew