PDA

View Full Version : GOP Editor crashes when trying to open key file

drummergirlclai
10-09-2005, 01:19 PM
Everytime I try to open a keyframe file in GOP Editor that I generated with TyTool9r18 (and showed all frames and file generation ok), I get the "encountered a problem and needs to close" error. I've tried it on several key files with the same result. I can open GOP Editor by itself just fine, but it crashes when I try to open the keyframe file. Can anyone help me?

GopEditor.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
AppName: gopeditor.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: gopeditor.exe
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00019e43

Thank you in advance

eastwind
10-09-2005, 02:52 PM
Everytime I try to open a keyframe file in GOP Editor that I generated with TyTool9r18 (and showed all frames and file generation ok), I get the "encountered a problem and needs to close" error. I've tried it on several key files with the same result. I can open GOP Editor by itself just fine, but it crashes when I try to open the keyframe file. Can anyone help me?

GopEditor.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
AppName: gopeditor.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: gopeditor.exe
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00019e43

Thank you in advance
Try a different computer....you might have something running in the background that is in conflict.

Test your RAM.

Defrag your hard drive.

Disconnect unneeded peripherals.

ew

drummergirlclai
10-10-2005, 11:06 AM
Thank you for the suggestions... I'll try it on a different computer (and the other things you mentioned) and let you know the results.

Claire

drummergirlclai
10-10-2005, 03:00 PM
I tried another computer.... same exact problem. I tried regenerating the keyframe file again (created with no problems) on another computer and when I try to open it with GOP Editor it crashes exactly the same as before.

Anyone else have this problem or know of any issues that might cause this? I'm using WINXP sp 2 on both computers. Maybe I have a corrupt copy of GOP Editor? Could someone email me a known working copy or something?

I'll try to re-download the whole TyTool9r18 package and start again....

Thanks!
Claire

malfunct
10-10-2005, 08:30 PM
I tried another computer.... same exact problem. I tried regenerating the keyframe file again (created with no problems) on another computer and when I try to open it with GOP Editor it crashes exactly the same as before.

Anyone else have this problem or know of any issues that might cause this? I'm using WINXP sp 2 on both computers. Maybe I have a corrupt copy of GOP Editor? Could someone email me a known working copy or something?

Thanks!
Claire

Does this happen on every show you try to edit or only on one? I'd try a different show since its likely that the GopEditor error is a result of a crazy keyfile that was generated by a broken show off the tivo.

eastwind
10-10-2005, 08:38 PM

Thanks!
Claire
What model/software version is the TiVo in question?

ew

drummergirlclai
10-11-2005, 08:16 AM
It's doing it with all keyframe files generated....

I have a Philips DSR 704 DirecTivo with 6.2 HMO

I used FlashFTP to transfer the ty files from the ty folder. I also used TyTool itself to transfer the ty file (took longer, but I thought maybe that could be the problem). They all "claimed" that they transfered ok.... Tytool 18 showed the keyframe files generated with no errors or corrupt frames on all ty files. I'm using the GOP Editor that was zipped and packed with the Tytool (downloaded from this forum). But it crashes when trying to open a keyframe file.

Maybe I should reload TServer??

This is driving me crazy. Thank you so much for your assistance.

vhkounel
11-18-2005, 10:39 PM
I am also seeing this GOP crash when trying to edit a Key File. I am wondering if it has to do with the size of the Key file I am trying to edit because it does not happen on all my Key files. All others it has worked well except for a baseball game I am trying to edit which is 5.41Gigs. Does the size of the file have something to do with the crashing of the GOP editor? I am extracting off of my HD Tivo, HR10-250 and have extracted the same baseball program several times and have converted it to a Key file several times but always the same results, GOP crashes.
Any help would be apreciated, if the size is the problem, any way to split the Ty Files when I extract it?

vhkounel
11-19-2005, 01:01 PM
OK, I figured out what Get Parts does, after using this and splitting up the Ty file I was able to open up each piece in GOP Edit and take out the commercials. Does anybody know if there is a max size limit for the GOP editor?
Bill