PDA

View Full Version : How do you like vBulletin 3.5?

Vadim
10-10-2005, 04:05 PM
Hey Everyone,
I hope you all noticed that the forum software was upgraded to the new version, which should be faster, it uses the same AJAX technology that google uses. Just wanted to hear some comments.
Thanks everyone!

JJBliss
10-10-2005, 08:08 PM
Seems like it's all working for me. Looks a lot more modern. I'm sure there are issues that will need to be worked out, but it's fine for now.

Thanks for staying on top of things Vadim.

JJ

jasch
10-11-2005, 09:31 AM
It doesn't seem to "remember" me. Since yesterday, everytime I visit the board I have to login again...

Vadim
10-11-2005, 06:56 PM
did you check "remember me" box when you logged in? if that doesn't work clear your cookies, I did change the name of the cookie.

eastwind
10-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Seems like the "Insert Link" functionality is different. Or maybe I just got lazy with putting a link in.

ew

chrised
10-12-2005, 12:44 AM
It doesn't seem to "remember" me. Since yesterday, everytime I visit the board I have to login again...

Yeh, it forgot me too when the upgrade arrived.

but, since resetting my password (forgot it), and logging in again with "remember me", everythings fine again.

PlainBill
10-22-2005, 12:50 PM
Seems like the "Insert Link" functionality is different. Or maybe I just got lazy with putting a link in.

ew
This seems to be 'broken'; I find it annoying. It uses the url as both the target AND the accompanying text. It is possible to edit the resulting string manually, but what a pain!

PlainBill

The Only Druid
10-22-2005, 02:45 PM
This seems to be 'broken'; I find it annoying. It uses the url as both the target AND the accompanying text. It is possible to edit the resulting string manually, but what a pain!

PlainBill
It's funny, but I've always just written the "[]" codes out, so I haven't noticed.

cheer
10-22-2005, 07:29 PM
I noticed that too...but I also noticed that the text (not the URL link) is highlighted, so that immediately typing "click here" or whatnot replaces it. Caught me offguard the first few times but now I'm used to it.

Vadim
10-27-2005, 01:04 AM
I'll address this issue for next vB update.

Vadim
10-27-2005, 01:06 AM
I noticed that too...but I also noticed that the text (not the URL link) is highlighted, so that immediately typing "click here" or whatnot replaces it. Caught me offguard the first few times but now I'm used to it.
Actually I think you are right, that's the way they intended this think to work.

rbautch
11-08-2005, 01:21 PM
One minor annoyance is when I do an advanced search by keyword and username. The initial seach works fine, but when I hit the back button to adjust the search terms, the username is gone and I have to re-enter it. T'would be nice if the username field behaved like the seach terms field, retaining the original entries when you hit the back button.