PDA

View Full Version : mfs_ftp (fxp) transfer speed

TheEndless
10-13-2005, 12:09 AM
My apologies in advance if this is a stupid question. I've done numerous searches, but can't find anything directly related to my query. I doubt it has anything to do with the fact that I'm transferring between my HDTiVo and my S2 TiVo, but I suppose it's helpful to mention that anyway...

I've seen numerous posts from people stating what kind of transfer speeds their getting with mfs_ftp. When I transfer the tmf files, however, all I get are the following messages:
SIZE {Show Name}{Episode Title}.tmf
502 Command not implemented "SIZE {Show Name}{Episode Title}.tmf"
PORT 192,168,1,106,12,32
200 PORT command successful.
STOR {Show Name}{Episode Title}.tmf
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for "{{Show Name}{Episode Title}.tmf}"
226 File transfer complete
Transfer successful.with no indication of how long the transfer took, nor how many bytes were transferred. In fact, once I've started a transfer, I can close SmartFTP at any time, and it will still complete. Am I missing something? I'd love to have some indication of how long the transfer is going to take, but can't figure out how to get it. If I had to, I would guess it has something to do with the failed "SIZE" command, but I have no idea. Any help would be appreciated...

TheEndless

chrised
10-13-2005, 12:18 AM
The Size command has nothing to do with it. Earlier versions of SmartFTP didn't have that command. I wish they had an option to turn it off, its just a nuisance for us tivo users.

When going Tivo to Tivo, the data channel is established directly between the two tivos, so SmartFTP doesn't know as much about the data transfer's progress.