PDA

View Full Version : Use TyTools to cut a .ty file then send it back to the Tivo?

supergerg
10-16-2005, 10:57 PM
I've been using TyTools and reading through all of the threads, but only see threads where using TyTools to cut a .ty file then save it either as a VOB or MPEG-2 file.

What I want to do is to cut the .ty file to remove commericials, then send it back to the Tivo with the commercials removed. Is this possible with TyTools? Ever option I use I get a MPG or VOB file

TIA
gerg

eastwind
10-16-2005, 11:50 PM
I've been using TyTools and reading through all of the threads, but only see threads where using TyTools to cut a .ty file then save it either as a VOB or MPEG-2 file.

What I want to do is to cut the .ty file to remove commericials, then send it back to the Tivo with the commercials removed. Is this possible with TyTools? Ever option I use I get a MPG or VOB file

TIA
gerg
No, but you can use other tools. ChunkEdit was one, and now there is a ty enabled mpeg encoder.

ew

supergerg
10-17-2005, 12:08 AM
Great, thanks for the info

Do you know the name for the 'ty enabled mpeg encoder'? I couldn't find any info on that.

gerg

eastwind
10-17-2005, 04:32 AM
Great, thanks for the info

Do you know the name for the 'ty enabled mpeg encoder'? I couldn't find any info on that.

gerghttp://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41962

ew