PDA

View Full Version : Sony SAT-T60 worth?

UnionYes
10-17-2005, 10:30 PM
im selling my sony sat-t60 cuz im upgrading to a series 2, but it has 3.1 sleeper iso on it with 160 gigs/150 hrs of record time and a 9th tee rj-45 ethernet adapter in it

works perfect and in great condition, how much would this be worth on ebay if i were to sell it, i want a buy it now option to sell quick but i dont want to undersell it, im assuming about $350

thanks

JJBliss
10-17-2005, 11:04 PM
im selling my sony sat-t60 cuz im upgrading to a series 2, but it has 3.1 sleeper iso on it with 160 gigs/150 hrs of record time and a 9th tee rj-45 ethernet adapter in it

works perfect and in great condition, how much would this be worth on ebay if i were to sell it, i want a buy it now option to sell quick but i dont want to undersell it, im assuming about $350

thanks

Let's see...

An outdated Series 1 with outdated software, a $70 Ethernet card and a $60 drive..

I'd say $180, and most of the $40 that I'm allowing for is the buyer's convienience of not having to do all the installs themselves, otherwise - I'd recommend that someone buy it just for the drive and Turbonet card for $120

Make sure you're not violating any license agreements and don't illegally distribute software on the unit that is not allowed to be resold or distributed, if any.

UnionYes
10-17-2005, 11:17 PM
nothing illegal about it, nothing is hacked unless the user chooses too and thats not my responsibility once it leaves my place

and just so i know, where can you get 160 gig drive for $60 i would sure like to know that
and considering the remote controls for the t60 sell for $50 alone, i would say you're greatly underestimating the sale, not to mention its on ebay, and when have you ever seen something go for a reasonable price there?
as far as the series being outdated, thats a matter of preference, i havent seen any series 2 that is that much better than my t60, and as far as the software, whats the big woop about the latest software, its not any faster and doesnt really do anything different fromt he series 1 days, that 90% of tivo users would use anyway

you obviously have some sort of hangup about series one's or the software on them or maybe its me, who knows, but cmon $120 i think not

Jamie
10-17-2005, 11:25 PM
and just so i know, where can you get 160 gig drive for $60 i would sure like to know thatPricewatch (http://www.pricewatch.com/prc.aspx?i=26&a=4429)

JJBliss
10-17-2005, 11:26 PM
nothing illegal about it, nothing is hacked unless the user chooses too and thats not my responsibility once it leaves my place
Didn't you say it had the "3.1 sleeper iso"? Doesn't that INCLUDE hacks?

and just so i know, where can you get 160 gig drive for $60 i would sure like to know that
BestBuy, Circuit City and Buy.com have sales every few weeks. Also, check Pricewatch.

and considering the remote controls for the t60 sell for $50 alone
And when you buy a brand new Tivo for FREE, it comes with a remote.

i would say you're greatly underestimating the sale, not to mention its on ebay, and when have you ever seen something go for a reasonable price there?
Underestimating the sale, no. Underestimating the stupidity of the consumer. Sure. Sell it for $500 for all I care, just be careful about the legal implicaitons. You seem to have a handle on that so don't worry, or so you claim.

as far as the series being outdated, thats a matter of preference, i havent seen any series 2 that is that much better than my t60
Your preference does not reduce the fact that the software is outdated. You may like it, but it's still outdated. One is an opinion, and one is fact.

, and as far as the software, whats the big woop about the latest software, its not any faster and doesnt really do anything different fromt he series 1 days
Version 6.2 on Series 2 DTivo hardware is SUBSTANTIALLY faster and offers HMO and MRV (when hacked by the individual)

that 90% of tivo users would use anyway
More then 100% of current stand alone tivo users use HMO and MRV and all the hype surrounding HMO and MRV on Series 2 combo units running 6.2 indicates that you're wrong.

Hope the sale goes well. Don't ask how much something is worth, if what you mean is, "How much will someone pay you for it?"

Knock yourself out.

you obviously have some sort of hangup about series one's
Nope. Just answering your question. Your T-60 is WORTH $130 if the HD and the Turbonet card were NEW. In used condition with hours of use on each, maybe less. Google for MTBF.

or the software on them
It would be in your best interest not to sell copyrighted or limited use software. Unless you are willing to risk the consequences.

or maybe its me
maybe

, who knows, but cmon $120 i think not
Actually, a little less now that I think about it.

PlainBill
10-18-2005, 12:23 AM
Hmm, I'm wondering how you can get TiVoScripts (AKA Sleeper's iso) and 3.1.1 to work on a T60. Or by any chance do you mean Sleepy Iso (by Alarmtronic) and 3.0.1?

PlainBill

UnionYes
10-18-2005, 12:50 AM
why is this turning into an assasination, just from a question?

the hacks are there, but not turned on, the box is completely legit, the only reason the sleeper iso is on there is cuz of the upgrade, the box never recieved it, so i upgraded it when i threw on the new drive

legit dtv sub, and legit tivo sub, nothing illegal about it

if the user reads these forums and finds out what he or she can do with that iso, thats totally up to them, they wont even be told the iso or hacks are on there, so why you are assuming that, i have no idea

i just said it here, so people would understand, given the nature of this forum, whats said here stays here so to speak

you have turned this into a personal vendetta about someone trying to make a buck for taking the time to upgrade a unit, use it for 3 years, then sell it, why are you taking it like that?

a simple answer like, "i think its worth $140" is fine. you need to be nasty about the whole thing is rediculous and absurd

now, as far as the gouging the buyer aspect of things, im not trying to gouge anyone, look at ebay, see what they are going for, this is where i was drawing my conclusions from, i just came here to see what you guys thought is all

wow, sorry i asked i guess

UnionYes
10-18-2005, 12:54 AM
oh and regarding the speed of the units, the speed is really not that much from what ive seen
i guess some standalones are a bit faster, but what does a person recieve from that? faster guides, by a milisecond, faster channel changes by miliseconds?
ok, i guess thats a plus in some homes

but really, for what is done here in these forums, extraction, free subs, etc. what do you gain by that speed?

this is my point, for the money of a series 2, you get the same thing as a series one, just different os numbers

thats really about it, this isnt a standalone, and i never asked about a standalone its a directivo

the software is tivo's i just added the sleeper after i upgraded the drive so get caught up like i said in the earlier post

UnionYes
10-18-2005, 12:56 AM
btw jamie, thanks for the pricewatch link, i knew about that
but for some reason there are always little hidden fees on alot of that stuff

for instance try buying that $55 one, says free shipping but its not, taxes as well
so when all is said and done your up around $90
but i understand what your saying

AlphaWolf
10-18-2005, 01:57 AM

Hmm...

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=161588&#post161588
http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41844&highlight=160
http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=207412&highlight=160#post207412
http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=161636&highlight=160#post161636

Any questions?

UnionYes
10-18-2005, 02:01 AM
see now

that is an answer, straight forward and to the point
not pompous in any way

look, im not looking for trouble, just wanted to get some ideas on what to charge is all
instead its turned into some sort of game and beat down

but fine, not like its gonna change the world

AlphaWolf
10-18-2005, 02:09 AM
I would say you can possibly get $100 for it. To most of us though, the S1's aren't worth anything at all. Sure you can add a huge hard drive to it, but I don't think that will increase the value much, whereas that would be a LOT more effective on an S2. Once 6.2 came around, their value just turned to nothing.

I wish I would have sold my S1 during the first few months just after the S2's surfaced. Wingnuts on ebay were paying up to $800 a pop for stock versions of them.

UnionYes
10-18-2005, 02:14 AM
exactly

its ebay need i say more, oh well atleast ill get something back for it

havent messed with the s2's too much, i have a r10 not much you can do with those anyway except a prom mod, which i have comin in the mail

anyway, thanks

have a good day/nite

JJBliss
10-18-2005, 04:27 AM
why is this turning into an assasination, just from a question?
Sensitive, aren't you?

the hacks are there, but not turned on, the box is completely legit,
If the hacks are there, the unit cannnot be sold.

the only reason the sleeper iso is on there is cuz of the upgrade,
How did you use "Sleeper iso" on a Series 1?

legit dtv sub, and legit tivo sub, nothing illegal about it
Never implied that it was anything else.

if the user reads these forums and finds out what he or she can do with that iso, thats totally up to them,
You're not selling the ISO, you're selling a drive modified with the ISO. Moreover, you're not even doing that (BTW), since Sleeper couldn't have ever been used on a T-60

they wont even be told the iso or hacks are on there, so why you are assuming that, i have no idea
I'm not assuming anything. That would be silly. I was merely informing you that IF you sell the unit with limited use software installed, you are in violation. If you're not (which it sounds like you are), then you'll be fine.

you have turned this into a personal vendetta about someone trying to make a buck for taking the time to upgrade a unit, use it for 3 years, then sell it, why are you taking it like that?
WOW. You think answering your question was a "vendetta"? Harumph. I was telling you how much your unit and your time was worth. The answer: Not much.

a simple answer like, "i think its worth $140" is fine. you need to be nasty about the whole thing is rediculous and absurd
It was all factual. No emotion at all.

wow, sorry i asked i guess
Lucky you did, otherwise you might have mistakenly claimed that you used an ISO that would never have been able to upgrade a Series 1 unit, and you would not have known about the possible legal implications of your sale.

Good for you.

JJBliss
10-18-2005, 04:30 AM
but really, for what is done here in these forums, extraction, free subs, etc. what do you gain by that speed?
You gain a faster Tivo. Isn't that what I said? And at what point has DDB offered "free subs"?

this is my point, for the money of a series 2, you get the same thing as a series one, just different os numbers
Except a Series 2 is anywhere between free and $50 usually with activation, and you get HMO/MRV with a little effort.

thats really about it, this isnt a standalone, and i never asked about a standalone its a directivo
Precisely why I keep mentioning version 6.2.

the software is tivo's i just added the sleeper after i upgraded the drive so get caught up like i said in the earlier post
You never "added the sleeper". Sleeper was a bad method of upgrading Series 2 units. Yours is a Series 1. How can you argue about something you don't even understand?

captain_video
10-18-2005, 08:38 AM
You shouldn't be so testy when you get the answer you requested just because you don't like what you're hearing (i.e., don't shoot the messenger). Your best avenue for determining the value of your T60 would be to run a search on ebay for completed auctions and see what they sold for. I think you're going to be in for a major disappointment.

You'd probably be better off selling the remote and Turbonet separately for maximum profit. Units that include a Turbonet and remote don't usually sell for much more than the Turbonet or remote by themselves. You should be able to get about $40-50 for the remote and about $50-60 for the Turbonet. A SAT-T60 with Turbonet and remote will probably get you about $100-120 on ebay. S1 DTivos just aren't the hot ticket they once were, especially when you consider that the S2 units can be had for about $50 new and they don't require an expensive ethernet adapter.

The other major issue is that many people have reported problems trying to get older non-RID DTivos subbed to DTV. Word is that DTV won't activate these units anymore, but that could just be a nasty rumor.

FYI - I've seen 160GB drives on sale for as low as $39 after rebate.

UnionYes
10-18-2005, 11:50 AM
bro

sleepy/sleeper whatever
you know exactly what i meant, my god, just let it go
you are carrying this way to far for an administrator

its the sleepy iso for a s1, and weather its poor or great, who cares, it worked for what i wanted it to do, they took the 3.1.1 whatever, upgrade out of the stream and i wanted it

no i didnt use the hacks i only used the telnet and tytool to get my shows on to my laptop to watch on a plane, cuz i cant sit at home and watch em, but now there is the slingbox for just that problem

so please, dont pretend that you know me or anything about me, cuz you dont
just answer the questions posed to you if you want, there is no need for you to act like this. why you are an administrator ill never know, or care for that matter, grow up

captain_video
10-18-2005, 01:39 PM
sleepy/sleeper whatever
Well, I read your post and didn't have a clue what you were talking about and it became quickly apparent that you didn't either. Why is it that some people get incensed when they ask stupid questions and then chastise the responding posters when they don't like the answer? If you had a clue you'd realize that the sleepy.iso and sleeper's iso are two completely different and distinct programs intedned for use on two different Tivo platforms. Your post indicated that you installed a script meant for a series 2 DTivo on a series 1 model. We can't help you if you feed us misinformation and then get pissed when asked for clarification. That's just stupid and childish. You've obviously been around these forums for a while so you should know that pissing off a mod does you no good whatsoever, especially if you intend to stick around for a while. If you want help then please supply accurate information when requesting assistance instead of throwing a temper tantrum any 2-year old would be proud of.

JJBliss
10-18-2005, 06:01 PM
bro

sleepy/sleeper whatever
In computing, syntax and precision matter.

you are carrying this way to far for an administrator
I only answered your question. Though now that I know it bothers you, it is quite amusing really.

its the sleepy iso for a s1, and weather its poor or great, who cares, it worked for what i wanted it to do, they took the 3.1.1 whatever, upgrade out of the stream and i wanted it
Can you show me the point where you interpreted that I gave a rats ass?

no i didnt use the hacks i only used the telnet and tytool
Terrific. Then you shouldn't have any lawsuits on your hands. Good for you.

so please, dont pretend that you know me or anything about me, cuz you dont
Can you illustrate the point where you interpreted that I gave a rats ass about you or indicated that I knew you?

just answer the questions posed to you if you want, there is no need for you to act like this.
That's all I was doing.

why you are an administrator ill never know
Exactly, you'll never know. The answer is, however, that I'm better then you and I tend to the forum and have been granted the privilege and responsibility to do so.

, or care for that matter
Apparently, you do.

grow up
:rolleyes:

Go away.

Since these posts started out as useful dialectic, I didn't move it to the sewer. Now I see it serves no substantive purpose.

Moved to Sewer.

If you think that my responses to you have anything to do with my Administrative functions, you may not be right for this forum. Consider that.

xoxoxo
10-19-2005, 07:54 PM
If anyone cares i bought a SAT-T60 for $5.00 With 170HRS,
I got a turbonet for $40.00
And Directv did activate.:)

jpolster2005
11-04-2005, 12:55 AM
well its a series one box that used and at least 2 years old i would say probably about $40 since most open box series 2 SA units which are better than a directivo go for about $60 to $80 at best buy

captain_video
11-04-2005, 09:44 AM
series 2 SA units which are better than a directivo

How can you say that a SA Tivo is better than a DTivo? That's one of the most ignorant statements I've ever heard. The picture quality is poorer (degraded analog vs. direct digital recording), monthly fees are higher, and they only have a single tuner (no Dolby Digital audio either). While a S2 SA Tivo may have features that a stock S2 DTivo doesn't, we have been able to upgrade our S2 DTivos to have the same features, making the DTivos the better choice by a landslide. People that think SA Tivos are better have obviously never owned a DTivo. I'll take a stock S1 DTivo over a S2 SA Tivo any day. I'm not saying this based on pesonal preference or opinion but am basing it on solid facts and years of personal experience with numerous brands and types of DVRs.

11-08-2005, 01:24 PM
I certainly would agree the Dtivo is a better unit but I'd expect the SA to sell for a better price.

The SA can used by anyone with a TV set, the DTivo can only be used by someone who has Directv. Directv has been supplying DTivos for either free or $50 after rebate for well over a year. A person who wants a SA tivo can save money buying a used unit. AFAIK the bootleg access cards haven't worked for years so the units don't really much extra value for thieves. A DTV customer doesn't really have a reason to buy a used unit. Activating a used unit will still result in an extension of your commitment.

The point of the previous post, SA should sell for more than DTivo units, is very valid.

How can you say that a SA Tivo is better than a DTivo? That's one of the most ignorant statements I've ever heard. The picture quality is poorer (degraded analog vs. direct digital recording), monthly fees are higher, and they only have a single tuner (no Dolby Digital audio either). While a S2 SA Tivo may have features that a stock S2 DTivo doesn't, we have been able to upgrade our S2 DTivos to have the same features, making the DTivos the better choice by a landslide. People that think SA Tivos are better have obviously never owned a DTivo. I'll take a stock S1 DTivo over a S2 SA Tivo any day. I'm not saying this based on pesonal preference or opinion but am basing it on solid facts and years of personal experience with numerous brands and types of DVRs.

captain_video
11-08-2005, 02:57 PM
The point of the previous post, SA should sell for more than DTivo units, is very valid.
That's only your perception and the market indicates otherwise. Just check ebay to see what SA units sell for vs. DTivos. I think you'll find they run pretty close in price. Used Tivos of either version don't have the resale value they once had, mainly because you can get a new one dirt cheap. SA models have routinely sold for less than DTivo models until the Hu datastream was shut down. Now you can hardly give S1 DTivos away. If DTV allows the activation of used DTivos after they've introduced their new DVRs I'd expect to see the value of the older DTivos go up a bit, but only if the new DVRs don't meet customer expectations. If the R15 flops then DTivos will be a highly desirable item.