PDA

View Full Version : editing question

jkford
10-19-2005, 12:09 AM
I am trying to combine portions of 3 different ty files that I have downloaded from my TIVO. Similar posts have suggested using VOBedit to accomplish this task. The VOBedit guide requires that you use .vob files, however, I can only find .ty files after I use tytools to vob-mux the files. I have tried renaming these files as vob files but that doesn't seem to work. How do I get tytools to create vob files? I have both ver 17 and 18 of Tytools.
Thanks

captain_video
10-19-2005, 08:37 AM
Try the VOB-Mux File(s) option under the Files menu in TyTools.

jdiner
10-19-2005, 05:08 PM
I am trying to combine portions of 3 different ty files that I have downloaded from my TIVO. Similar posts have suggested using VOBedit to accomplish this task. The VOBedit guide requires that you use .vob files, however, I can only find .ty files after I use tytools to vob-mux the files. I have tried renaming these files as vob files but that doesn't seem to work. How do I get tytools to create vob files? I have both ver 17 and 18 of Tytools.
Thanks
My suggestion would be to just use TyTool to do it. Has a couple of means for doing it. Pick the first file you want, then attach the other pieces. The end result is that when you are in the final DVD creation stage you get 1 VOB chain (multiple files if too big) that are all of the pieces one after another.

--jdiner

jkford
10-19-2005, 06:56 PM
I have tried using vob-mux but no .vob files are created. The file names still end in .ty. I tried renaming these ty files as vob files and then use these with vobedit and nothing happens. (I am not sure how to attach the other file clips using tytools either).

eastwind
10-19-2005, 06:58 PM
I have tried using vob-mux but no .vob files are created. The file names still end in .ty. I tried renaming these ty files as vob files and then use these with vobedit and nothing happens. (I am not sure how to attach the other file clips using tytools either).
Look on the Menu under Options. At the bottom there should be a directory listed. Look there for the .VOB files. If the directory doesn't exist on your system, use the Set Output Directory option to set it to something that does exist.

If this doesn't solve your problem, outline your procedure from start to finish in excrutiating detail to get more help.
ew

jkford
10-19-2005, 07:15 PM
I have already set the output directory. No vob files are ever listed. Only new .ty files. I guess they could be hidden files but I can not find them. Under options I noticed there is a Mux section and if I click this VCD/SVCD is checked. There is a vob mux output (not available) and a standard mux output also.

jkford
10-19-2005, 10:15 PM
I found the vob files. They were there all the time. My windows folder was hidding the extensions and tytools creates files with a double extension (.ty.vob) so it looked like I only had .ty files.

eastwind
10-20-2005, 05:22 AM
I have already set the output directory. No vob files are ever listed. Only new .ty files. I guess they could be hidden files but I can not find them. Under options I noticed there is a Mux section and if I click this VCD/SVCD is checked. There is a vob mux output (not available) and a standard mux output also.
You don't want VCD/SVCD if you're making DVDs. Use the Standard Mux output instead.

I'm glad you were able to find your files. Do yourself (and us) a favor next time and try a CMD prompt to look around.

ew

jmayes
10-28-2005, 12:31 AM
My suggestion would be to just use TyTool to do it. Has a couple of means for doing it. Pick the first file you want, then attach the other pieces. The end result is that when you are in the final DVD creation stage you get 1 VOB chain (multiple files if too big) that are all of the pieces one after another.

--jdiner

Please give some step-by-step if you can, I have been trying to do just that and can't find a way in tytool, using version 7, is that the problem?

Thankx
Jmayes

Waruwaru
10-28-2005, 01:25 AM
Please give some step-by-step if you can, I have been trying to do just that and can't find a way in tytool, using version 7, is that the problem?

Thankx
Jmayes

How about Post #1666 (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=238858&postcount=1666) of the TyTool thread?