PDA

View Full Version : Converting from TY to other formats on DTivo?

pgethea
10-19-2005, 11:44 PM
Hi,
Thanks to all the great info on this forum I was able to hack my DTivo and am able to download and archive shows from my Dtivo using tytools and tserver.
My home DSL line though is only 160k upload speed, so when I am travelling, if I want to download a show or movie to my laptop for viewing it takes 10 hours or so per GB, which is just too long.
I was wondering if anyone has come up with a way to transcode on the DTivo from TY format to something else, at a lower resolution and quality perhaps? This would reduce the file size and make it feasible to download things over the internet.
I did a search and found some things (Tynix, mencoder), but it wasnt clear to me that any of these would actually do the transcoding from TY to DIVX or something else.
Any and all help is highly appreciated, thanks in advance.

The Only Druid
10-19-2005, 11:49 PM
Yes. Please LOOK in the forum.

God.

Don't be lazy.

pgethea
10-20-2005, 11:23 AM
Can you (please please please) give me a pointer at least to what to look for? the name of the program that will do it?
Note that I want to do the conversion on the DTivo itself, I know how to do it after I transfer the file to my PC.
Thanks in advance.

chrised
10-20-2005, 12:08 PM
eTivo is probably what you want to look at.

You will not find anything to do transcoding on the tivo itself. not enough CPU available.