PDA

View Full Version : How to make EtiVo work on a win 2k machine

Masnark
10-25-2005, 03:28 AM
This addresses the problem where a Win2k machine cannot be properly configured with a username/password.

Try the following:

1. Start/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Local Security Settings
2. Go to the User Rights Assignment
3. In the "Act as part of the operation system", double click and add the "SYSTEM" user.

Try.

If that fails,
4. In the "Act as part of the operation system", double click, remove "SYSTEM" and add the "Local service" user.

Tell me which one worked, if any. I will want screen shots so I can post the workaround, if that's okay.

Please let me know if this works for you guys - i havent tried it.

vinniet
10-26-2005, 11:08 AM
Ok I tried to add SYSTEM and my id seperate and also rebooted but nothing worked. I still got the error. I am going to try to uninstall/reinstall tonight. Not sure if the plug in is messing anything up but I want to try clean.

Can you think of anything else?

Masnark
10-26-2005, 01:58 PM
Ok I tried to add SYSTEM and my id seperate and also rebooted but nothing worked. I still got the error. I am going to try to uninstall/reinstall tonight. Not sure if the plug in is messing anything up but I want to try clean.

Can you think of anything else?

I think I may have made a mistake.

Try adding your user-name.

vinniet
10-26-2005, 02:11 PM
Yes in another post you did have it putting both in. I did try that with a reboot but it did not work for me.

Masnark
10-27-2005, 10:18 AM
Yes in another post you did have it putting both in. I did try that with a reboot but it did not work for me.

Just to make sure - you did this for a local user, right? Not for a domain user?

vinniet
10-27-2005, 03:40 PM
Just to make sure - you did this for a local user, right? Not for a domain user?

Yes .. I have no domain. Its just simple network setup in my home.

Masnark
10-28-2005, 01:54 AM
Yes .. I have no domain. Its just simple network setup in my home.

Well then... I am not sure. I can try installing 2000 on a vpc and trying it myself, but that will take some time - cant give you an ETA.

If you have any programming experience, you can try helping me by trying to use the LogonUser() API on 2k and telling me what results you are getting.

vinniet
10-28-2005, 10:03 AM
Ok thanks ... i am a programmer but not on windows ... I will look into this and see what I can turn up

sanderton
10-28-2005, 10:50 AM
Ignore. Misundertood thread.