PDA

View Full Version : First, Thanks

datacowboy
11-01-2005, 09:00 PM
This wonderful mfs_ftp has brought new life to my 5 year old SAT-T60.

I have a question and I'm pretty sure it's been asked. I read through about a dozen pages, but did not see it addressed. Maybe I've got an actual issue.

I installed mfs_ftp on my SAT-T60 as you instructed. Connected to it from a Mac with CaptainFTP (seems to work fine, btw), and could see the folders with tmf, etc. I read that the tmf files were the best ones to use for archiving and moving around, so I downloaded them onto the Mac (binary xfer).

I wanted to do all this so I could run a "clear and delete everything" on the unit. I could be wrong, but I felt disk fragmentation had slowed its performance.

Anyway, when I FTP the tmf files back into the tmf folder on the unit, the programs show up on the list, but cannot play. When I hit play, it immediately asks me if I want to delete the program and says something to the effect of missing video and suggests that it was recorded on a channel that I do not get. I can get exact verbiage if it is needed.

I've read about the file formats and how ty's are in the tmf. Do I need to do anything to the tmf files prior to uploading to the TiVo? I'm assuming I uploaded to the right folder?

Thank you very much for your time and input. BTW, if I've screwed up and lost the programming, it's no big deal.

Jamie
11-02-2005, 12:39 AM
Thank you very much for your time and input. BTW, if I've screwed up and lost the programming, it's no big deal.See the readme.txt file in the scramble_utils subdirectory of the mfs_ftp distribution. When you did the C&DE, you probably wiped out your DiskConfigurationKey. Had you saved it before the C&DE, you could restore it, but without it, you've lost part of the key to your scrambled recordings.

datacowboy
11-02-2005, 03:55 AM
I will do more reading and see if all is not lost. Sounds like it though. I've got the tmf files, but the key you mention is new to me. I know, RTFM.

Jamie
11-02-2005, 10:24 AM
I will do more reading and see if all is not lost. Sounds like it though. I've got the tmf files, but the key you mention is new to me. I know, RTFM.If you have a backup made before the C&DE, you might be able to recover it from there.