PDA

View Full Version : Which solution to use for HR10-250 with PTVUpgrade

homerdodge
11-14-2005, 06:51 PM
I just replaced a bad drive in my HR10-250 (High Def) unit with a PTVUpgrade "50 HR Replacement Drive Kit with PTVnet" which includes telnet/ftp support, TivoWebPlus, etc.

It does not provide a specific solution for extraction, insertion and streaming, best I can tell, although the foundation is there of course.

I've turned off encryption and verified that with the ciphercheck.tcl tool.

I have enabled TyShowLinks = 1 in TivoWebPlus, and have downloaded to mu PC two ASX files that are unencrypted.

I have registered the 'ax' files obtained in TyShow-BETA-0.15.rar(?) and subsequently updated the Tysplitter.ax and Mpeg2DecFilter.ax to those in the Tysplitter.zip dated 1/22/2005.

I uploaded an attahcement that show the status of the various decoders according to the Win XP Video Decode Checkup Utility.

When i try to play the ASX files in WMP it indicates the stream is not recognized and it crashes with a runtime error if I elect to proceed anyway.

1) I s there anything else I can try?
2) Is TyShow the most appropriate solution at this point in time. I see threads about TyStreamer, TyTool9r18, etc. and am wondering if these, being more current it would seem, might be better for extraction for viewing on the PC and for DVD burning.

Thanks all!

homerdodge
11-14-2005, 11:08 PM
Well,

I've got TyTool up and running, and tyserver and vserver handled by inetd on the HR10-250, and all seems to be okay so far.

Any comments on the decoding problems re TyShow would be appreciated nonetheless.

All in all, TyTool9r19 and the supporting technologies are brilliant.

xtian666
11-27-2005, 10:05 PM
I have the same setup as you an HR10-250 with PTVupgrade installed. How do I turn off encryption for this particular unit? I have looked at the superpatch but it doesn't appear to support the HD-250 running the 3.1f software.

Thanks in advance

I've turned off encryption and verified that with the ciphercheck.tcl tool.

!

vurbano
12-06-2005, 10:34 AM
I have the same setup as you an HR10-250 with PTVupgrade installed. How do I turn off encryption for this particular unit? I have looked at the superpatch but it doesn't appear to support the HD-250 running the 3.1f software.

Thanks in advance

yeah alpha wolf has some instructions for it in one of the threads. I used it for Version 3.1.5f.

Here it is:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31213

do youself a favor, find what you need and print out those posts for safe keeping.