PDA

View Full Version : Nero question & Multisession discs ....

OuterUB
11-19-2005, 08:44 AM
Using Nero 6.6.0.16, TyTool9r18, DVD -R discs and a Liteon Dual Layer burner.

I have extracted the first (The Grinch) of the usual classic Christmas cartoons and want to burn them all onto one DVD. Can I create a Multisession disc and do them one at a time or should I wait until I have them all and burn then all at once ? Selecting the DVD-ISO, DVD-UDF and DVD-UDF/ISO in Nero Burning ROM all give me the Multisession option but I have always used the "DVD Video Files" option in Nero Express for all my burning so far and have never tried to burn a multisession disk.

captain_video
11-19-2005, 09:12 AM
You cannot burn multisession DVDs. The reason is that the IFO files are built around what's being recorded on the disc. You have to create your DVD and compile it to generate the necessary IFO files. You can't go back in and add more files later unless you really know what you're doing with regards to IFO creation and editing. Once the IFOs have been burned to DVD you're stuck with them anyway so it's a moot point. Just hang onto the VOB files until you've got what you need to create the final DVD and then create the IFOs and directories with menus as the final step. Nero Express is probably not your best choice for burning DVDs. Stick with Nero Burning ROM.

OuterUB
11-19-2005, 08:30 PM
Thank-you sir ... exactly what I needed to know. I'll wait until I have them all and then author them all at once.

Regards,

OUB. :)