PDA

View Full Version : Move shows from HDVR2 to HDTivo? How?

Andy in NYC
11-27-2005, 11:02 AM
OK, I have ftp, etc. on my HDTivo and my HDVR2. I'd like to be able to move shows from the SD Tivo upstairs to the HDTivo.

I'm having trouble with mfs_ftp on the HD, but perhaps I'll solve this.

The HD is running the .f software and the HDVR2 is running 4.x.

Can I move shows from the SD to the HD? Can someone point me to the correct threads to start reading? Since I don't have HMO (thanks DirectTV!), I'm not sure what threads are applicable.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi8
11-27-2005, 07:51 PM
OK, I have ftp, etc. on my HDTivo and my HDVR2. I'd like to be able to move shows from the SD Tivo upstairs to the HDTivo.

I'm having trouble with mfs_ftp on the HD, but perhaps I'll solve this.

The HD is running the .f software and the HDVR2 is running 4.x.

Can I move shows from the SD to the HD? Can someone point me to the correct threads to start reading? Since I don't have HMO (thanks DirectTV!), I'm not sure what threads are applicable.

Thanks

Andrew

I do it all the time .. with mfs_ftp -- must be running on both... I also use FLASH FXP as my client.

The only problem I have is when I forget to put my HDTiVo in 'standby' it hangs the network adapter - and jams up my local switch. As long as I keep it in standy , while transfering files - works like a charm.

I generally do it just before I go to bed and know ther won't be any recordings that night. I select a bunch of shows and head off to bed.