PDA

View Full Version : mfs_ftp generating error at startup

kfcrary
12-04-2005, 09:25 PM
After some time working without difficulty, MFS_FTP has started giving me an error at startup. The last few lines of the error message are:

bash-2.02# no such object: CONFLICT err=0x30019
while executing
"dbobj $obj fsid"
(procedure "dump_object" line 5)
invoked from within
"dump_object $a $attr [expr $depth-1] "$prefix ""
("object" arm line 1)

This is a Hughes Series 2 DTivo.

I did a search for this error, and the only hit was an error with TivoWebPlus to do with season passes, which doesn't seem likely to be related. Any suggestions?

genepool
12-05-2005, 12:59 AM
I also just received this error tonight. I haven't used mfs_ftp for months and attempted to use it tonight and received the same error on startup:

/var/mfs_ftp# no such object: CONFLICT err=0x00030019
while executing
"dbobj $obj fsid"
(procedure "dump_object" line 5)
invoked from within
("object" arm line 1)
invoked from within
"switch $atype {
object { append output [dump_object $a $attr [expr $depth-1] "$prefix "]
; set a "" }
}"
(procedure "dump_object" line 38)
invoked from within
("object" arm line 1)
invoked from within
"switch $atype {
object { append output [dump_object $a $attr [expr $depth-1] "$prefix "]
; set a "" }
}"
(procedure "dump_object" line 38)
invoked from within
"dump_object $obj "_top""
(procedure "dump_xml" line 6)
invoked from within
"dump_xml [db $db openid $fsid]"
("uplevel" body line 1)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"transaction {uplevel $body}"
(procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction { set xml "[dump_xml [db $db openid $fsid]]" }"
(procedure "cache_xml_2_disk" line 15)
invoked from within
"cache_xml_2_disk $fsid"
(procedure "rec_info_from_db" line 22)
invoked from within
"rec_info_from_db $fsid"
(procedure "update_rec_fsids" line 17)
invoked from within
"update_rec_fsids 1"
(procedure "init_procs" line 11)
invoked from within
"init_procs"
(file "/var/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl" line 1534)

Series 1 ver 2.5.2 and the latest version of mfs_ftp are being used.
Thanks for any help

genepool
12-06-2005, 05:02 PM
Anyone have any ideas? Even rebooting the tivo makes no difference. IS it trying to read an object that doesn't exist? I'm totally stumped & lost.

Masnark
12-06-2005, 09:55 PM
Anyone have any ideas? Even rebooting the tivo makes no difference. IS it trying to read an object that doesn't exist? I'm totally stumped & lost.

This has happened to me twice already - nothing seemed to have helped (mfsassert -please etc).

My un-educated guess is that the file system is somehow screwed and that throws MfsFtp off.

In both cases, after a while (1-2 weeks) it started working again.

genepool
12-06-2005, 11:13 PM
Hmm.... I guess I'll keep checking. Thanks for your input.

Narf54321
12-06-2005, 11:32 PM
If it really is an MFS problem, you can try rebooting and using kickstart code 57 which will do an MFS check.

And then again reboot and try kickstart code 58, which will do MFS cleanup.

See thread on Secret Sequences (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=181138) and Remote Panic Codes (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37326).

If it works, great. If not, then next need to do some actual debugging and searching of the MFS_FTP code.

kfcrary
12-07-2005, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the mfs cleanup didn't help. Any other ideas?

kfcrary
12-12-2005, 04:38 PM
As Masnark suggested, the problem went away of its own accord, sort of. I'm not getting an error when starting up mfs_ftp any more, and ps confirms that it's running, but mfs_ftp is closing connections a moment after they open. One can't be sure, but it seems likely that this is the same problem, manifesting itself a different way. How should I go about diagnosing this?

Callindril
12-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Just as a follow up, I was having the same issue....same error....

I went thru my Now Playing list to see if anything looked out of wack, and I noticed that there were 3 shows still there that my wife had pulled over from the TivoServer that she hadn't deleted....

These were movies that I had ripped from DVD and made into AVIs, and used TivoServer to play them...

Once I deleted these 3 shows, mfs_ftp went thru with no issues...

So I can only assume that since the 3 shows in question were not originally from the Tivo, and had no other data other than name and time listed in Now Playing, that mfs_ftp.tcl didn't know what they were or how to handle them and just dumped itself...

Would be nice for it to just skip those things it cant find any info about, instead of dumping the whole process...

shortkud
01-03-2007, 05:01 AM
I'm getting this also but I don't know what the cause is. I'm tempted to take out my drive and extract them manually because TyTool can't handle these large files.