PDA

View Full Version : Line of white noise at the top of each recording.

JrFaust
12-04-2005, 09:41 PM
I've looked around here and though the readme files with TyTools but all i find is one post of jdiner saying it was an issue in this http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=156706&postcount=558 post. I can't find any more info, is there any info on this problem?

Thanks for your time
Rob

Jamie
12-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Check out this thread (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43465) and follow the other threads referenced there.

JrFaust
12-05-2005, 12:07 AM
Thank you.

I guess my search-fu is weak.

JrFaust
12-06-2005, 12:53 AM
Re-encode the signal or put up with the white line or burn to DVD and watch it on TV.

I think I understand the idea of re-encoding but what software tools does one use to re-encode. I don't know of any software that allows mpeg to mpeg conversion/encoding.

I can put up with the line but I rather know what to do to remove that line.

And then there's the DVD option but that seams to be redundant since I already have it on my TV :D.

I'm just in search of knowledge not trying to be a pain.
Thanks for your time.

eastwind
12-06-2005, 01:57 AM
Another option is to get a player that will allow you to crop part of the image. I can't remember what it is called, but there are references to it somewhere on the DDB.

ew

Jamie
12-06-2005, 02:03 AM
Re-encode the signal or put up with the white line or burn to DVD and watch it on TV.

I think I understand the idea of re-encoding but what software tools does one use to re-encode. I don't know of any software that allows mpeg to mpeg conversion/encoding.

I can put up with the line but I rather know what to do to remove that line.

And then there's the DVD option but that seams to be redundant since I already have it on my TV :D.

I'm just in search of knowledge not trying to be a pain.
Thanks for your time.You say "I already have it on my TV". How so? If you extracted the recordings with TyTools, I would suspect that you have them on your computer, not on your TV. The problem is getting them from the computer to the TV. A reasonable playback program ought to have an "underscan" option that displays only the visible part of the NTSC signal, and not the VBI part.

As for transcoding/reencoding, it's generally something most people try to avoid, but I would think that most tools that can decode and encode mpg2 streams would be able to crop and reencode too. Have you tried tmpgenc?

vurbano
12-06-2005, 08:38 AM
You say "I already have it on my TV". How so? If you extracted the recordings with TyTools, I would suspect that you have them on your computer, not on your TV. The problem is getting them from the computer to the TV.
I use the Avel Linkplayer2. It works fine playing HD mpeg2 files over the network or burned to dual layer DVD