PDA

View Full Version : DIsk is full ????

cdma
12-05-2005, 11:02 AM
I went to sun superpatch and it said that it could not run because the \ partition is full. Not sure how this can be. my hack directory is in Var and I have moved my patch tivoapp backups out of /bin. Can someone please let me know what else I can removed to recover the space so I can run this. It currently says that I have 100% usage. Not sure whe this all the sudden started up. I went to access my other tivo, noticed that I need to run superpatch, did not have fakecall installed, because Tivo killed my HMO feature.

Any help would be appreciated. If I do not get this fixed by tonigh I might just be sleeping outside.....and it is cold here in Springfield

Wolffpack
12-05-2005, 11:53 AM
So 'df' shows / at 100% capacity? How many blocks does yours show? Mine shows:

FamilyRm-tivo:/var/tmp$ df
Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on
/dev/hda7 126911 67092 53266 56% /
/dev/hda9 126911 24832 95526 21% /var
FamilyRm-tivo:/var/tmp$

Also, do you have multiple tivoapp files in /tvbin?

cdma
12-05-2005, 12:29 PM
I will tak e a look at it when I get home. AS stated in the previous email I have deleted all the tivoapp backup files

Wolffpack
12-05-2005, 12:59 PM
Sorry, you stated you "moved" the backup tivoapp files out of /bin but if you deleted them that's fine, they're gone.

Also, if you did a "slices" upgrade, did you remove them?

PlainBill
12-05-2005, 01:38 PM
Simply deleting the backup files may not be enough. Run e2fsck on the partition. (SEARCH for the proper syntax, do not run it on a r/w partition).

Also, this problem has been known to occur when copying Alphawolf's Series 2 Binaries (or any other group of files with symlinks) without using the proper switch (-r?).

PlainBill

Narf54321
12-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Yep Bill beat me to it. You need to run e2fsck on your root partition to clear deleted-but-still marked-as-used blocks on your main partition.

This often happens after a few hacks of tivoapp, because you have to make a copy of the file and reboot. Even if you delete the 'old' copy, linux apparently removes the file uid but the disc sectors are not completely cleared. Or something like that.

cdma
12-05-2005, 07:56 PM
OK I was going to run it but when I went to mount root as ro I got server is busy. I am also not sure how to run e2fsck. I looked on the web and saw the usage by I am not linux literate and not sure which switches to use when I get the server busy error fixed

cdma
12-05-2005, 09:14 PM
got it to work. I finally got it to mount even though it was busy and ran e2fsck -y /dev/hda4 without a problem. It was scary because all kinds of stuff came across but it work. I am Happy again. Thanks everyone for the help. DO not know where I would be without this forum. Probably with dish network