Files you need:
On Tivo

vserver - http://tivo-mplayer.sourceforge.net/
On Server

DynuExec - http://www.dynu.com/DynuExec.asp
VideoLAN Client (VLC) - http://www.videolan.org/
vstream plugins for VLC - http://tivo-vlc.sf.net/
pskill - http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/pskill.shtml
pulist - http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/tools/existing/pulist-o.asp
On Client

Windows Media Player - http://www.microsoft.com/wmp
or VideoLan Client - http://www.videolan.org/
Setup:

1. Install DynuExec on server
2. Install vlc with vserver and ty plugins on server
3. Verify IIS webcomponet is installed
4. Install pskill & pulist on server
5. Unzip Ty2Go.zip into IISRoot directory on server(ex: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\)
6. Open Ty2Go.ini and update the following:

a. change the paths to match your installation for the support files (ex: c:\progra~1\videolan\vlc\vlc.exe)
b. Set the address of your tivo(ex: 192.168.1.200)
c. Set the port to stream to the internet on(ex: 8090)
7. With IIS security setup:

a. Less Secure:

i.Grant IUSR_<servername> read & execute permissions to all exe's listed in
Ty2Go.ini and the entire VLC directory.
ii. Grant IUSR_<servername> write/modify permissions to the Ty2Go directory
b. More Secure - will open a windows logon box when you goto the site:

i. Grant a user you define read & execute permissions to all exe's listed in Ty2Go.ini and the entire VLC directory.
ii. Grant the user you defined write/modify permissions to the Ty2Go directory
iii. Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
iv. Drill down through websites and locate the folder where Ty2Go is located.
v. Right click/choose properties. Then click on the "directory security" tab.
vi. Then click edit under "authenication and access control".
vii. Uncheck "enable anomous access" and make sure "integrated windows authentication" is checked.
viii. Close IIS manager.
8. If you have a router installed you may need to forward the port you set in Ty2Go.ini to your server's IP Address
9. Point your browser to Ty2Go.asp in demo mode. This is default.
10. Try it out and if your not getting any web page errors. Set Demo = no in the Ty2Go.ini file
11. Start vserver is running on your tivo
12. On your client make sure that you are allowing popups from the site where Ty2Go is located
13. Point your browser to Ty2Go.asp and now you are ready to watchCredits:
tystreamer by Stealth Dave
mmel7 for help with the naming and testing
michaloj2000 for help with some asp debugging/coding
VLC created by the VideoLAN Team
TiVo-VLC project created by tx413
DynuExec created by the dynu team
pskill created by the dynu team
vserver by cwingert
site template from http://www.steves-templates.com
My setup was:

Windows 2003/IIS6 server
VLC 0.8.2 on server with vlc-082-win-r45 plugins
Windows XP client with media player 10

Features:

sortable columns by clicking on header
loads fast by only refreshing list from tivo every 10 min
written in asp so it is native to windows/IIS
FYI this is written in ASP

TheAvatar
12-10-2005, 02:37 AM
Okay, I tried this in demo mode from another computer behind my router with password protection turned off and also from the Server computer too and I get the same error.... (I am poointing to http://192.168.1.103/ty2go.asp, where that is the ip of the server PC)

HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01A8)
Object required: 'fs'
/ty2go.asp, line 136

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; {66AFB0B5-7856-4CEF-A876-F6CEFE2DCEAD}; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Page:
GET /ty2go.asp

Mr novice
12-10-2005, 07:42 AM
rookie mistake on my part.:D here is a corrected ty2go.asp. just unzip and replace it.

I also corrected the main attachment in the original post.

Edit I removed the attachment as I the update is in the latest zip from the 1st thread

TheAvatar
12-10-2005, 12:45 PM
I forgot to mention my server is running Windows XP Media Center edition 20005. Also I seem to be having problems with Pulist crashing...

okay, with the new version in demo mode and working from
the same server machine I get a nice page listing some programs, it I try to view one of them it doesn't work of course as it is a demo. if I make demo=no I get the following error

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Open the 192.168.1.103 home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0046)
Permission denied
/Ty2Go.asp, line 79

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 3.1)

Page:
GET /Ty2Go.asp

Time:
Saturday, December 10, 2005, 11:26:19 AM

More information:
Microsoft Support

Mr novice
12-10-2005, 02:32 PM
Line79 is where it attempts to create a file with a list of shows from your tivo. You need to do the following:

If you choose the more secure IIS option:

ii. Grant the user you defined write/modify permissions to the Ty2Go directory
if you choose the less secure option:

ii. Grant IUSR_<servername> write/modify permissions to the Ty2Go directory

As for pulist is the install crashing your machine? If it installed successfully you should be able to open a cmd prompt and change to the dir where it is installed and type pulist and it will dump a list of processes running on your machine.

If that works properly then you need you make sure the user mentioned above has read+execute access to pulist.exe.

If manually running it fails then get a fresh copy of the page from the first link in the site. I just uploaded version1r1 with a pulist correction that might also correct your issue.

TheAvatar
12-10-2005, 04:04 PM
Perhaps this is not the place to ask, but how do I assign those rights to a user? I created 2 new users using the USER app in control pannel but i don't see how to assign them rights. Also I noticed I have IIS services, but not IIS Manager, do I get that from Microsoft website or instal from my CD? Apparently i figured this out once befoe as I have IIS Manager on another PC... sorry if this is all too Noobie....

Mr novice
12-10-2005, 09:37 PM
Let me start by saying I have never seen Windows XP Media Center edition 2005. But it should be the same. So I'm guessing that everything is set to default locations. First setting write permissions. It seems from previous posts that it is located in the webroot directory. So open my computer, open the c drive, open inetpub then right click on wwwroot choose properties. Then click the security tab. The click on the user who needs rights (IUSR_<servername>) then check the modify box and make sure the read&execute option is checked. Then click the advanced button check the box reset permissions on child objects. Click ok then click ok again. Do the same for the dir where vlc is installed (C:\program files\videolan\vlc) except you do not need to check the modify box only read&execute.

The following is what you need to do for the other apps like pulist.exe, pskill.exe:
So open my computer, open the location where the tool is located then right click on it choose properties. Then click the security tab. The click on the user who needs rights (IUSR_<servername>) then check the read&execute option is checked. Click ok.

If by chance you do not see the user you attempting to give permissions to from the security tab. Click the add button. Make sure that your machine name is in the lookin drop down. Then scroll down to the required user and double click on it. It will then appear in the lower box then click ok. Then follow the above mentioned steps.

As for IIS manager, in XP it is in control panel/administrative tools and it is called Internet Services Manager.

Hope this helps.

patp
12-16-2005, 06:40 AM
Thanks for this, I got it working on MCE2005. I also used the IIS lockdown tool to make it a bit more secure as I want it accessible from outside my LAN. The only thing that wasn't straightforward is getting Firefox to launch VLC. I added MMSH as a protocol in the registry, and FF does try to launch it, but it never starts up. However, WMP works os I'm not too bothered.

Great work, thanks again, and also to Stealthdave for the original concept.

Mr novice
12-16-2005, 10:43 AM
patp,

glad you got it working!!! I was having the same issue with tystreamer you were which is what prompeted me to write this. I then ask Stealthdave if he cared since it was his concept and he said as long as i called it something else.

As for the VLC issue. I tried it here and it was working so here is what my reg looks like when I export it to a file:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MMSH]
"Source Filter"="{6B6D0800-9ADA-11d0-A520-00A0D10129C0}"
"Animation"="dxmasf.dll,150"
"URL Protocol"=""
@="URL:mmsh Protocol"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MMSH\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\Program Files\\VideoLAN\\VLC\\vlc.exe,-120"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MMSH\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MMSH\shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MMSH\shell\open\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\VideoLAN\\VLC\\vlc.exe\" \"%L\""

Hope it helps! :)

pikespeakhiker
12-26-2005, 07:50 PM
I was having troubles with the vstream plugins you link to above from the official site. Looks like others are as well. Someone was able to compile these so that they work with current vlc. You can find them at:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=242312&postcount=58

Edit: I am having better luck with these than the offical ones that only work with vlc 0.8.1, but they are still not great. I have trouble vlc'ing directly to the tivo box with some recordings, especially anything created with mplex, which shows up as a52 audio.

vaporE
12-28-2005, 06:27 PM
This is great! It works right out of the box for me. I'm using Windows XP with IIS 5.1 and vlc 8.4. Thank you!

TiVoD
12-29-2005, 05:13 PM
Not working for me. Found this in tivolist.txt

VLC media player 0.8.4a Janus
[00000273] main interface: creating vlm
[00000273] telnet interface: Using the VLM interface plugin...
[00000273] telnet interface: Telnet interface started on interface 4212
[00000276] main input error: no suitable access module for `tivo://192.168.1.11/llist'
[00000297] dummy demuxer: command `quit'
[00000269] main playlist: nothing to play
[00000269] main playlist: stopping playback

Mr novice
12-30-2005, 12:48 AM
TivoD,

I would try vlc 8.2. When I attempted to use VLC 8.4 I had simalar issues. The problem with it seems to be the "vstream plugins for VLC" I have checked the offical site for but they still have the 8.2 plugins listed as current. vaporE can you post where you got the the 8.4 plugins? You may want to also go out where you have ty2go installed and remove the tivolist.txt file. Once it gets created it will only update it if it is older that 10 min. I did that to speed up page loads after the first load. Let me know how it goes.

TiVoD
12-30-2005, 12:36 PM
I got it to work. I have a Series 1 DTiVo and it was in standby yesterday at home while I was doing all of this from elsewhere. When my wife got home and turned it on, all of the sudden I got a program listing.

Now, WMP links work but the program never plays. I keep seeing "Buffering" then "Attempting to reconnect" in WMP. VLC links give a popup with the title "Invalid syntax error".

vaporE
12-30-2005, 01:42 PM
Waaaaaaaay back in August I tried getting TyStreamer to work. It was at this time that I downloaded the plugins for VLC here (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/tivo-vlc/vlc-082-win-r45.zip?download). (download link for the Windows VLC plugins) I did not download any new versions of the plugin when Ty2Go was posted here. I just used the same ones.

And I incorrectly reported the wrong version initially. At work - I mean when at a friends house ;) (where I receive the stream) I am using VLC 0.8.4 but at home (where the stream is sent from) I am using VLC 0.8.2. I am able to see the stream in both VLC and WMP.

TiVoD, If you have limited upload (basic cable limits in my area at 384 Kb up) then you will want to go with 128 Kb or maybe 256 Kb up in the Quality selection menu. You will never connect if set to a higher quality. I have 1500 Kb up at home. I have set Ty2Go to send me a portion of that bandwidth with the medium setting of 384 Kb. Every now and then I'll set it to send me 512 Kb if I know my wife isn't doing anything on the intar-web.

Mr novice
12-30-2005, 06:03 PM
TivoD,

vaporE is right if you are streaming at a higher rate than your upload pipe you will have the problems you are experieneceing. So check that and I would also recommend on the PC where you are streaming from using VLC 8.2 with the 8.2 plugins. Let me know how that goes.

vaporE who is your ISP? 1500kb up:eek: that rocks!!

rayshean
12-31-2005, 02:26 PM

* Error Type:
Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800401F3)
Invalid class string
/Ty2Go.asp, line 32

* Browser Type:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7

* Page:
GET /Ty2Go.asp

* Time:
Saturday, December 31, 2005, 1:06:42 PM

Mr novice
12-31-2005, 05:26 PM
the only way you should get that is if DynuExec is not installed properly on the server your streaming from. I would goto http://www.dynu.com/DynuExec.asp and get a fresh copy and reinstall it on the server and you should be all set.

rayshean
01-01-2006, 12:39 PM
I have tried everything I know, and I still get the same error message when I point the browser to Ty2Go.asp. I have uninstalled and re-installed everything, have tried in demo mode and "live" mode, and get same message. Have unregistered and re-registered a newly downloaded Dynu.dll, have same version VLC and additional dlls (.84), all permissions appear to be ok. Any ideas? I feel I am close. I can get VLC to pull the list from TIVO and stream to the player, just not through the browser. Thanks again.

* Error Type:
Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800401F3)
Invalid class string
/Ty2Go.asp, line 32

* Browser Type:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7

* Page:
GET /Ty2Go.asp

* Time:
Sunday, January 01, 2006, 11:15:20 AM

Mr novice
01-01-2006, 06:42 PM
That line is where I create the dynu object. Which is what it needs to execute vlc and all other process. So without that part this will not work.:( I checked there website and here is what they say about that issue:
--------------------------------------------
I installed Dynu.dll on my new Windows Server and I keep getting error 'Server object, ASP 0177 (0x8007045A)'.

This error is caused by overly strict security. Please see Microsoft Q175804 (http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q175/8/04.ASP). IIS needs (at minimum read) access to the registry and to the Windows directory where the Dynu DLLs are installed - and of course read access to the directory where Dynu dll is installed. This kind of error is not unusual on Windows 2000 Advanced Server. You need to change the IIS Anonymous user to some user that has appropriate access privileges. In fact you may well find that if you simply switch your IIS virtual directory properties to 'High - Isolated Process' the problem will just solve itself (this will change the user from IUSR_PC to IWAM_PC). You can also use Windows Component Manager to resolve this issue.
-------------------------------------------------

I would try what they are recommending and if that fails maybe uninstall/reinstall WSH that can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C717D943-7E4B-4622-86EB-95A22B832CAA&displaylang=en on your server. A shot in the dark that might work if the others don't is a uninstall/reinstall of IIS. Good luck and let me know if this helps.

rayshean
01-03-2006, 10:29 AM
but I still had no success. I think my problem mainly stems from the fact that I am not too adept at working with servers, permissions, web sites, etc. I am running XP Pro at home, but had similar problems with permissions on Windows 2000 at work. I think I'll just give it a rest for now, and maybe follow the thread(s) in the future to see if I can get it resolve. Again, thanks for your help and suggestions.

he244
01-16-2006, 11:55 PM
This looks like a great implementation for Tivo to Internet. I have it working, except for a couple things.

VLC doesn't work locally, seems like it won't play MMSH, just MMS. I get this:

res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/syntax.htm#mmsh://servername:8074/

Programs stream on local network, but from internet I get network errors from WMP. Do any other ports besides HTTP, 80, need to be opened?

Thanks!

Bob

Mr novice
01-17-2006, 11:05 AM
Port 8090 needs to be open also. You can change that in the ini file if 8090 happens to be blocked.

As for the VLC issue try adding this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=243069&postcount=9) to the registry on the client machine.

Hope this helps.:)

vaporE
01-18-2006, 07:11 PM
he244;
More than likely, if you are trying to access your shows from work or school, port 8090 is closed on the corporate or school firewall. In order for streaming to work I have to go through port 1099 to stream. I've changed it in the ini. You will need to find an open port through your work/school firewall. Once you've found a working port then create a file on your desktop called TVStream.m3u. Edit that file in Notepad and add these lines:
#EXTM3U
mmsh://YourIPAddressHere:1099/Now that you've got that file, open Windows Explorer and go into Tools > Folder Options > File Types > m3u and change the program to your viewing program of choice. I like VLC.

Then I click the VLC link in Ty2Go and like 5 seconds later I double click the TVStream.m3u that I've got on my desktop. Works great.

bigcat400
01-21-2006, 10:04 AM
Mr novice,

Thanks for providing this. I couldn't get tystreamer to work. I've had better luck with ty2go. However, I am having a video issue with some shows. Both WMP and VLC play just audio, no video at all. Other shows play both audio/video just fine.

All shows are from the same channel, standard definition. I can play all of them remotely with mplayer as well as tyshow.

Mr novice
01-21-2006, 09:46 PM
What version of VLC/VLC plugins are you using on the server? What OS is your server running? The reason I ask is that I have seen this happen to me as well but have been unable to locate the cause. I'm using VLC .82 with its plugins running on Windows 2003 server. I know VLC .84 was released but there was no official release of the windows plugins. I know that awind posted some here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=242312&postcount=58) but I have not had a chance to test them out yet. I will try them out in the next day or so and let you know what I find.

Mr novice
01-22-2006, 06:14 PM
Well I have tested vlc .84 and .84a with the plugins (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=242312&postcount=58) on a show I have that only plays audio and neither version helped. On the server is I open vlc client and try tivo://tivoipaddress/fsid it play correctly. I'm going to try some other encoding options and will let you know.

Vocoder
01-22-2006, 10:30 PM
Greetings! Just installed ty2go. After I enter the login and password, I get a 404 error on ty2go.asp. I'm not sure what's going on here (and I know what a 404 error is :) ) and would appreciate some pointers.... Thanks!

Vocoder
01-22-2006, 10:57 PM
In typical NOOB fashion, I gave IIS permission to run ASP, and my last issue is resolved. Now I get the demoTivoList text on the page and it looks good. When I switch to demo=no, I get the same page with a program list and the following in my Tivolist file:
[00000268] main interface: creating vlm
[00000268] telnet interface: Using the VLM interface plugin...
[00000268] telnet interface: Telnet interface started on interface 4212
[00000270] main input error: no suitable access module for `tivo://10.0.1.10/llist'
[00000277] dummy demuxer: command `quit'
[00000265] main playlist: nothing to play
[00000265] main playlist: stopping playback
[00000001] main vlc error: could not create C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data/vlc (Permission denied)
[00000001] main vlc error: could not create C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data/vlc/cache (No such file or directory)

I've granted my tivo users group permission on the application data folder and that didn't seem to do anything. Help (Again!)

I'm so close... I know it. :)

Vocoder
01-23-2006, 12:34 AM
Here's an update - I've been able to get streaming audio in WMP only, no video yet. Here's the setup:

Server 2003 service pack 1
Tivo 6.2 with the Instantcake image and zipper hack tools.
VLC 8.4 on the server with the 8.4 plugins from earlier in this thread
WMP10 on the client, an XP box in my LAN.

Victory will be mine! (with your help!) ;-)

bigcat400
01-23-2006, 09:19 AM
I am using .82 with the official .82 plugins. Windows XP SP2.

What version of VLC/VLC plugins are you using on the server? What OS is your server running? The reason I ask is that I have seen this happen to me as well but have been unable to locate the cause. I'm using VLC .82 with its plugins running on Windows 2003 server. I know VLC .84 was released but there was no official release of the windows plugins. I know that awind posted some here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=242312&postcount=58) but I have not had a chance to test them out yet. I will try them out in the next day or so and let you know what I find.

Mr novice
01-23-2006, 04:53 PM
Vocoder,

The messages in that file are slightly misleading. The place you need to change permissions is c:\program files\videolan\vlc. If you used the default vlc install path. Basically right click on that vlc folder and give whatever group modify(read, write, execute) permissons. that should fix it. you may want to remove the tivolist.txt since it only gets recreated every 5 min. let me know how it goes.

Vocoder
01-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Mr. Novice,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've given the group modify permissions on the VLC folder and can stream about half of the shows I've recorded. On the others, I get the audio only, without any video. This is persistent - the shows that work, work consistantly, those that are audio only, are always audio only. I've tried different quality settings (thinking it was bandwidth related) with no difference.

Some more info that I left out of my last post that might be relevant:
Client browser - Firefox, with the protocols properly registered.
Broadband - DSL with 450k upload speed.

Thanks

Mr novice
01-24-2006, 02:33 PM
That is an issue with vlc or the plugins. I have the same issue with a couple shows. Here is what I found so far.

I took a show that I can't get video from and open it from the tivo on the VLC client without streaming/transcoding and it plays properly. That being said VLC has 12 video encoding options. On a known working show VLC works with 8 of them and WMP only works with 4 when streaming/transcoding. I have tried all 4 with a show that I can't get video from and none had any impact. I'm in the process of working with VLC support to see if they can help. I will attach my video logs incase anyone here can help.

Mr novice
01-24-2006, 04:16 PM
I have release v1r2 here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5461&d=1138134461) or it is in the first post of this thread. It does provide a workaround for the no video issues:D. There are a few catches though:( . It can use more bandwith(~1mb or more as it in uncompressed) and second it doesn't work with WMP. To access the workaround you just select it from the video quality dropdown menu. The only other changes are some http caching on the VLC server side.

If your upgrading just unzip file and replace all previous ty2go files. If there are any other questions just let me know.

ckwrights3
03-24-2006, 11:27 AM
Well I got everything to work up through the demo, but when I turn Demo mode off I get a page with no shows listed.

I am running Windows XP Pro with IIS 5.1

Mr novice
03-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Couple things to try first make sure vserver is running on the tivo. Then delete Tivolist.txt if it exists in the directory where the web pages are located. Then try it. If it fails again post the contents of Tivolist.txt but most likely it will be windows file security/permissions. Hope this helps

ckwrights3
03-24-2006, 12:14 PM
I was able to get the list to show--it helps if you have the correct ip address:o

But when I tried to play a show I got a "Cannot find server" page and the following in the bottom of the TivoList.txt

[00000272] main input error: no suitable access module for `tivo://192.168.0.115/llist'
[00000279] dummy demuxer: command `quit'
[00000267] main playlist: nothing to play
[00000267] main playlist: stopping playback
[00000001] main vlc error: could not create C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data/vlc (Permission denied)
[00000001] main vlc error: could not create C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data/vlc/cache (No such file or directory)

I'm guessing I have some permissions set up wrong. Do you know of a good source for configuring permissions in XP Pro.

Some info on my setup:
Server: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot
VLC is installed in D:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC
DynuExec: D:\Program Files\Dynu Systems\DynuCOM
Pulist: C:\Program Files\Resource Kit
PsKill: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\tystreamer

I am using the more secure option with windows authentication.

Mr novice
03-24-2006, 12:25 PM
As for resources I would google "NTFS permissions".
For your problem I would open my computer and browse to D:\Program Files\VideoLAN then right click on the "VLC" folder and choose properties then click the security tab. Make sure whatever userID you picked in Step 7 of the setup doc has modify and write permissions. then click the advanced button and check the box that says replace permissions on all child objects. That pushes your permissions to all files and folders below. I think that will fix your issue. Let me know.

ckwrights3
03-24-2006, 01:09 PM
First of all thanks for all the help for an ignorant noob.

I think I may have found the problem; however, I'm not sure how to solve it.

I tried to reset all my permissions to use IUSER_ (less secure option) to see if that would help. I am able to get the list of shows, but when I click on the VLC link I get the same problem as before. I also noticed that when I do that I get 2 processes that come up in the task manager:

vlc.exe and dllhost.exe both are user: IWAM_

Shouldn't the user be IUSER_???

ckwrights3
03-24-2006, 01:10 PM
I noticed that IWAM also came up before I switched permissions

ckwrights3
03-24-2006, 01:39 PM
I tried giving IWAM_ read/exe permissions. That still won't work. Here is what is coming up at the end of tivolist.txt

[00000272] main input error: no suitable access module for `tivo://192.168.0.115/llist'
[00000279] dummy demuxer: command `quit'
[00000267] main playlist: nothing to play
[00000267] main playlist: stopping playback

ckwrights3
03-24-2006, 02:06 PM
Some progress:

I am able to stream some shows using the WMP link, and using Windows Media (obviously). Although, some shows only give me sound--no video.

Mr novice
03-24-2006, 02:16 PM
Yeah sad to day but that is a known issue with the windows plugins see this post (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=247391&postcount=34). As for VLC have you add the need parts to registry. If not they are here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=243069&postcount=9). Good luck and let me know if you have any other issues.:D

Once you get VLC you can watch all shows if you use the bottom option from quality and have enough bandwidth to support it(~1Mb Up).

ckwrights3
03-24-2006, 04:50 PM
I'm sorry about all this, but how do I add the registry entries? I have no MMSH key, so I assume I have to enter it, but I'm not sure about how to add the other specific entries.

ckwrights3
03-24-2006, 05:09 PM
Sorry to take up all your space, but I was able to get it to work. It just took some more experimenting with how to enter the reg entries to match.

Now if we can just get it to work at lower bandwidth:-)

ckwrights3
03-24-2006, 09:46 PM
This is more of a Web server question that about your Ty2Go.

I am able to get Ty2Go on the localhost, but have not been able to get it to work from outside the network.

I have forwarded the appropriate ports--I think, but I cannot contact the server from a client.

My server is running behind a firewall. I am runninng over a DSL line.

The WAN address is 208.xx.xx.xx and I have a fixed ip assigned to my server 192.xxx.xxx.xxx. I have forwarded ports from 208.xx.xx.xx to the server.

I am trying to get to Ty2Go by typing "http://208.xx.xx.xx/Ty2Go.asp" in my browser. Should this work or am I missing something else?

Mr novice
03-25-2006, 06:33 PM
That is correct you have to create it. It is very similiar to mms key if you need to verify format or anything. Hope this helps.:)

feelings78
03-29-2006, 03:17 AM
which one should I download for vserver?
THank you

Mr novice
03-29-2006, 12:03 PM
I'm using a series 2 dtivo so I'm using vserver 1.2 for series 2. The link to vserver download can be found here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=242444&postcount=1). let me know how it goes.

feelings78
04-01-2006, 03:39 PM
I am still having problem with the setup.

Here is my tivolist.txt
[00000269] main interface: creating vlm
[00000269] telnet interface: Using the VLM interface plugin...
[00000269] telnet interface: Telnet interface started on interface 4212
[00000271] main input error: no suitable access module for `tivo://192.168.0.3/llist'
[00000278] dummy demuxer: command `quit'
[00000266] main playlist: nothing to play
[00000266] main playlist: stopping playback

It is working fine when I open the web in demo mode. However, it is empty when I did it in live mode. Any suggestion?

Thank you for your help, btw, I have SA 2 tivo with windows XP IIS 5.1

Mr novice
04-01-2006, 05:46 PM
feelings78,

The problem is with your IIS permissions on the VLC directory. Please check back to post 38 of this thread. If those steps dp not help you let me know. Thanks and good luck. :)

feelings78
04-06-2006, 12:42 AM
I am still having problem with the setup.

Here is my tivolist.txt
[00000269] main interface: creating vlm
[00000269] telnet interface: Using the VLM interface plugin...
[00000269] telnet interface: Telnet interface started on interface 4212
[00000271] main input error: no suitable access module for `tivo://192.168.0.3/llist'
[00000278] dummy demuxer: command `quit'
[00000266] main playlist: nothing to play
[00000266] main playlist: stopping playback

It is working fine when I open the web in demo mode. However, it is empty when I did it in live mode. Any suggestion?

Thank you for your help, btw, I have SA 2 tivo with windows XP IIS 5.1

How about the no suitable access for tivo bla bla bla error? Any idea how to debug it?
THank you for your help

Mr novice
04-06-2006, 07:40 AM
when you goto the ty2go website what userid are you using? If none then it is anonymous. in that case then you need to browse to(from windows) c:\program files\videolan\vlc. If you used the default vlc install path. Basically right click on that vlc folder and give whatever UserID modify(read, write, execute) permissons if your using anonymous then userid will be (iusr_yourcomputername). then click on the advanced tab and choose replace permissions on all child objects once that completes that should fix it. you may want to remove the tivolist.txt since it only gets recreated every 5 min. good luck and let me know how it goes.

markman07
10-06-2006, 09:54 AM
I decided to use the VPN application called Hamachi. Now I don't have to worry about opening my router/firewall ports to use the Ty2go over the internet.