PDA

View Full Version : Files Not Converted From Ty After Transfer

Teraflop
12-21-2005, 09:53 PM
The latest TYTool 10R2 transfered a 1 hour show very fast, but the files were still in TY format. I applied the patch which was supposed to prevent TiVo from scrambling the files, but apparently it didn't take. The first file I transfered was recporded before the patch, so I figured that I would try a file that was recorded after the patch, but it was still in TY format. What do I need to do to correct this proble. Other than that it worked great and transferred a 1 hous show in about 15 minutes. THANX in advance for any help with this.:confused:

cheer
12-21-2005, 10:45 PM
You are confusing "encrypted" with "ty format."

ALL videos you transfer will be in TY format. You can then use TyTool to multiplex to either MPG or VOB.

If the file were encrypted, TyTool would complain that it couldn't get the initial 10 chunks of the file.

Teraflop
12-22-2005, 11:26 AM
Is it preferable to transfer in TY and then multiplex to mpeg, or is it ok to transfer in mpeg? i have successfully transfered in mpeg format, but only with 1/2 hour shows, while hour long shows will only transfer in TY format and then even when I try to multiplex the transfered file to mpeg it won't. :confused:

cheer
12-23-2005, 12:25 AM
Is it preferable to transfer in TY and then multiplex to mpeg, or is it ok to transfer in mpeg? i have successfully transfered in mpeg format, but only with 1/2 hour shows, while hour long shows will only transfer in TY format and then even when I try to multiplex the transfered file to mpeg it won't. :confused:
I dunno...I think I've read before that the download/multiplex in one go can be buggy. I always download in TyStream mode and then multiplex. (It basically has to do the same thing regardless...) The new version is so fast that it shouldn't be much of an inconvenience.