PDA

View Full Version : Tyshow problem

toadleyb
12-21-2005, 10:04 PM
I have spent a couple of hours searching and can't seem to find the answer to this.

I have Tivowebplus, vserver, and tyshow all installed. I can stream shows fine on two of my winXP machines but on the one Win98 machine that I have WMP opens and then I get the error "WMP cannot find the specified file". I have made sure all of the .ax files for tyshow are registered. I have tried right clicking on view and saving the file, then opening in notepad and copying the tivo URL to WMP, I have tried right clicking the view in TWP and selecting copy and then pasting the URL in WMP. Of course I have also tried just clicking on view in TWP. All of these methods give me the same error mentioned above. It does not say it can't play it, it says it can't find it.

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

cheer
12-21-2005, 10:48 PM
Well let's figure out whether it's a streaming issue or a TyShow issue.

What happens if you transfer a .ty file (either via TyTool or mfs_ftp) to your pc and try to play it locally? Does it work?

toadleyb
12-22-2005, 12:32 AM
I will try it with a local file in the morning and post the results.

toadleyb
12-22-2005, 07:29 AM
Just tried playing a .ty locally. It will not play but it is a different error. It simply says it cannot play the format.

cheer
12-23-2005, 12:23 AM
That sounds to me like you don't actually have TyShow installed. Try re-installing TyShow on your PC. Note that you have to both run the batch file and merge the .reg file.

jwraker
02-18-2006, 11:38 AM
I am having the same issues and hve re-registered TYSHOW several times.

It seems like TYSHOW does not register correctly on a WIN98 , WMP9 machine.

ANy help would be appreciated

cheer
02-18-2006, 02:10 PM
I've seen the issue brought up several times but never seen a resolution. I would guess that TyShow simply does not work properly on Win9x. (But I'd be happy to be proven wrong.)

jwraker
02-18-2006, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the response .. I guess we are out of luck on WIN98 systems.

I will keep looking ... hopefully I will find a way ..