PDA

View Full Version : .ty Unscrambling help for a Instantcaked DTivo

allenlewis
12-31-2005, 03:23 PM
I am having troubles and would appreicate any help decoding the tivo video so I can download them to my PC.
I have a Hughes SD-DVR40 Series 2 DirecTivo running 6-2-01-2-351 with a Instrantcaked HD. I am having no troubles running Tytool and connecting to the Tivo and downloading the .ty files (which are encrypted).
I read some of threads here reguarding S2_Unscramble but I am loooking for something a little more basic in the instructions.
It seems from what I've read that I need the 3.1.5 kernel for my DTivo.
I have the file s2_unscramble[1].tar and s2_unscramble_kernels[1].tar as well as the files ciphercheck.tcl, csoscout.tcl and superpatch-67all-NutKase-1[1].1.

Narf54321
12-31-2005, 03:29 PM
You need to use NutKase's superpatch to remove video encoding. It makes hexcode changes to your tivoapp program. New recordings will be non-enrypted, but the old recordings still have encryption.

The ciphercheck and csoscout will show whether your tivo has been superpatched and which shows are encrypted (if any).

allenlewis
12-31-2005, 04:36 PM
I figured out that I forgot the space after the period to execute.
I am getting error messages when I run the files-
several ":command not found" messages and 2 syntax errors on line 59 when I run ciphercheck.tcl.

I don't know if I need to execute superpatch-67all-NutKase-1.1.tcl before I run set_mrv_name_67.tcl, but I am getting the ":command not found" and syntax errors on line 25.
-----
old message
I copied (via FTP-binary transfer) superpatch-67all-NutKase-1.1.tcl and set_mrv_name_67.tcl plus ciphercheck.tcl and csoscout.tcl to the var/hack directory.
I made them executable by chmod 755 each of the files (no error messages).
When I try to execute the files I get the message "command not found" from the directory or "no such file or directory" if I attempt from the root with the entire path.
I tried to execute these files from inside their directory and from the root directory with the path included (./var/hack/ciphercheck.tcl - for example or just .ciphercheck.tcl from /var/hack).

Any thoughts?

eastwind
12-31-2005, 07:19 PM
Thoughts: You need to do a lot of reading before trying a monte setup to unscramble kernel. Start with the STICKYs in the Newbie, S2 Support and Encryption forums. The problem you're experiencing is usually cause by not transferring .tcl scripts via ftp in binary, but instead in ASCII or Auto mode (which chooses ASCII for txt files unless told otherwise. The result is an extra '^M' at the end of every line, which confuses bash (or tivosh).

ew

allenlewis
12-31-2005, 08:23 PM
I've uploaded the files several times using different FTP clients (Cute FTP 7.1 was the last client that I used) and selecting binary for transfer type with no change in outcome.
I stated in #3 that the files were "copied (via FTP-binary transfer)".
Is there any better way to transfer the files other then FTP clients?
-----
bash-2.02# chmod 755 ciphercheck.tcl
bash-2.02#
bash-2.02# . ciphercheck.tcl
bash: EnableTransactionHoldoff: command not found
bash: proc: command not found
bash: catch: command not found
bash: fconfigure: command not found
bash: binary: command not found
bash: close: command not found
bash: ciphercheck.tcl: line 43: syntax error near unexpected token `}'
bash: ciphercheck.tcl: line 43: `}'

eastwind
12-31-2005, 08:32 PM
I've uploaded the files several times using different FTP clients (Cute FTP 7.1 was the last client that I used) and selecting binary for transfer type with no change in outcome.
I stated in #3 that the files were "copied (via FTP-binary transfer)".
Is there any better way to transfer the files other then FTP clients?
-----
bash-2.02# chmod 755 ciphercheck.tcl
bash-2.02#
bash-2.02# . ciphercheck.tcl
bash: EnableTransactionHoldoff: command not found
bash: catch: command not found
bash: fconfigure: command not found
bash: binary: command not found
bash: close: command not found
bash: ciphercheck.tcl: line 43: syntax error near unexpected token `}'
bash: ciphercheck.tcl: line 43: `}'
I just tried it on my own DVR80 the way you did it and it was the same. If you need to execute a command or script that is not in your path from the directory where it is located, try ./ciphercheck.tcl instead of . ciphercheck.tcl and you might find that it works. The error you're getting could also be the lack of an mfs binary in your path (can't remember which)--that would account for the 'command not found' error.

ew

allenlewis
12-31-2005, 08:53 PM
I tried it with ./ciphercheck.tcl instead of just . ciphercheck.tcl and it sort of worked. I had to create the tmp/scrambletest directory (on the root of the drive) for it to run.
Any thought on this error message? Do you think that I need to add Unified mfs_* tools?
-----
bash-2.02# ./ciphercheck.tcl
CipherCheck.tcl by AlphaWolf_HK

error reading "file13": illegal operation on a directory
while executing
"read $fh 4"
(procedure "crypcheck" line 5)
invoked from within
"crypcheck $fsid"
("uplevel" body line 8)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"transaction {uplevel $body}"
(procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set objindex [strim [mfs scan /Recording/LiveCache -start "" -count 1]]
set fsid [lindex $objindex 0]
set obj [db $db o..."
(file "./ciphercheck.tcl" line 50)
bash-2.02#
bash-2.02#

eastwind
12-31-2005, 09:16 PM
You don't need to 'add /tmp/scrambletest' for it to work. It creates that file on its own if you have a working mfs_export in your path. Sounds like that's what you need. Try the mfs_unified tools and see how that works out for you.

ew

allenlewis
12-31-2005, 10:43 PM
OK - I got this to finally work by putting everything from the mfs-utils file into one directory named mfs-util and it ran.
Should I try to execute superpatch-67all-NutKase-1.1.tcl and set_mrv_name_67.tcl from this directory as well?
-----
bash-2.02# ./ciphercheck
CipherCheck - based on CipherCheck.tcl by AlphaWolf_HK

TyStream encryption is currently disabled.

Here is the status of your current recordings:

Encrypted CSO Set Stream Name
--------- ------- -----------
No No Animated Tales of the World Short
Yes Yes Superman
Yes Yes Clifford's Puppy Days
Yes Yes Nova
-----
edited
-----
bash-2.02#
bash-2.02#
-----
added later
I ran superpatch-67all-NutKase-1.1.tcl and it applied itself and made a backup of my tivo file. ciphercheck is still not showing any changes ever after I play the video stream for a short time. I test downloaded the first 3 shows listed and the first one (which is a partial show) downloaded fine and the KeyFrame file wag generated. The next two gave the "Failed to get the first 10 initial chunks..." message - which means that the files are still encoded. I ran the Clifford show all the way through on the tivo.