PDA

View Full Version : eTivoWeb Issues

chef
01-14-2006, 11:06 AM
I have eTivo server running nicely. Downloading as I type, but I can't for the life of me install eTivoWeb.

I click Run, Next, I agree with the EULA, Next again, and then it prompts me for the name of a virtual directory that it is going to make for me, I leave the default "EtiVoWeb", and port 80, click Next and I get a pop-up that reads:

"The specified path 'http://rats002/EtiVoWeb' is unavailable. The Internet Information Server might not be running of the path exists and is redirected to another machine. Please check the status of this virtual directory in the Internet Services Manager."

Then I'm forced to click OK, and then Close because is says the installer was interrupted before EtiVoWeb could be installed. restart the installer and try again.

I have a fully functional instance of IIS running, with a couple of web shares/remote directories, I have no idea what is going on with this, but it seems like all of the component parts are functioning. Is there anyway that someone can send me the scripts that are meant to go in the eTivoWeb directory, and I can try to install manually?

C

Wolffpack
01-14-2006, 12:47 PM
"The specified path 'http://rats002/EtiVoWeb' is unavailable. The Internet Information Server might not be running of the path exists and is redirected to another machine. Please check the status of this virtual directory in the Internet Services Manager."
C
Did you check the status of the EtiVoWeb virtual directory as the error suggests? Did you create the EtiVoWeb virtual directory in IIS?

chef
01-14-2006, 12:49 PM
yeah, I've made it manually and actually successfully opened http://rats002/eTiVoWeb , but no luck. rats002 is my machine name, and \\rats002\eTivo and \\rats002\eTiVoWeb also worked when I configured it that way. Isn't the Virtual Directory supposed to be made on it's own?

C

chef
01-14-2006, 02:19 PM
I'm also not able to download files larger than 1GB, it seems to just truncate files at that point.

C

chef
01-14-2006, 03:58 PM
I take it back, its not limitting downloads to 1GB (I just downloaded a larger one), but when I play them in media player (either before or after they are encoded) I only get 16 minutes of video.

C

cheer
01-14-2006, 04:45 PM
WMP bites. Try Media Player Classic.

osetivo
01-15-2006, 01:08 PM
EtiVoWeb is created automatically, however, IIRC, the "virtual" directory (//host/videofilesvirtualdirectory) is NOT created automatically.

chef
01-15-2006, 01:19 PM
WMC wasn't any better. I think its a windows media encoder issue, because it looks like the whole file is downloading.

C

Wolffpack
01-15-2006, 01:41 PM
Can you encode the show manually? Double click on the .wme file?

chef
01-15-2006, 08:10 PM
When I encode it manually it works correctly...?

C

chef
01-15-2006, 09:49 PM
Now I'm even more confused, I just downloaded a 1.1GB file (Cops: Coast to Coast), and when I play the .ty in WMP, I'm getting 14 minutes. That can't be right...

C

Wolffpack
01-16-2006, 12:36 AM
Now I'm even more confused, I just downloaded a 1.1GB file (Cops: Coast to Coast), and when I play the .ty in WMP, I'm getting 14 minutes. That can't be right...

C
I had a problem like that when I first started with EtiVoWeb. I was running an older version of the mfs_* utilities. I believe the current versions are from AlphaWolf's all-in-one utilities. Make sure you are using those as opposed to the utilities supplied with the mfs_ftp tar files.