PDA

View Full Version : tytool9r18 help

redeagle
01-15-2006, 10:14 PM
Hi, I have a phillips directv tivo. It has the tytool9r18 with tserver on it. I can successfully run server and connect and list shows and then get show. It comes over fine and I run the make key but when I goto run the gopeditor it does not run. Or more precisely just sets minimized in the toolbar. The mpg runs fine in media player but would like to take the commercials out and continue process to make episode dvd's and or post them on news etc. for those who don't have access to the shows on cable etc.

Any ideas and also is there another tool that is easy to use that I could edit the mpg with. So far I have not found anything.

Also, I know I should be able to browse to the tivo with browser. There is tivoweb and tivoweb plus there. Do I need to ./ one of these to be able to run and access. Browsing just fails to connect. I looked around but did not see any html type files so not sure what browsing to the ip address of the tivo would do, hence the question.

I appreciate any help...

Also, it has been some time and i do see a new tytool number 10 something out there now. Is this worth changing to and what would I do to upgrade to it.

thanks

Redeagle

khig
01-15-2006, 11:25 PM
i do see a new tytool number 10 ........ what would I do to upgrade to it.

thanks

Redeagle

Download, extract and copy over tserver

redeagle
01-16-2006, 07:41 PM
Thanks, king.. so I assume it is ok to rename the tserver to tserver.bak before sending over the 10. Is it as simple as that and I can go back to ty number 9 just by coping the bak back over. No other file's needed..

Thanks for the answer, I appreciate it..

red

cheer
01-16-2006, 09:15 PM
Thanks, king.. so I assume it is ok to rename the tserver to tserver.bak before sending over the 10. Is it as simple as that and I can go back to ty number 9 just by coping the bak back over. No other file's needed..

Thanks for the answer, I appreciate it..
Yep, that's all you have to do.

redeagle
01-16-2006, 09:26 PM
kewl, since the gopediter is not working i was looking forward to giving it a try, i can pull the mpg over fine and make key but the editor will not come up. so far no one has been able to give me help as to what to do to fix it. hoping going to the newer version would provide it to work. would like to make some dvd of episode tv. i thought maybe ulead dvd workshop but it would not do it. having trouble getting something to work that will take the commercials out. thus my eagerness to get the gopeditor up.. thanks

red

cheer
01-16-2006, 09:31 PM
I've never seen the gopeditor problem so can't help you there. If you do end up needing an alternate editor, I recommend VideoReDo -- works great with Tivo-sourced files and can even export to VOB.

eastwind
01-17-2006, 12:21 AM
kewl, since the gopediter is not working i was looking forward to giving it a try, i can pull the mpg over fine and make key but the editor will not come up. so far no one has been able to give me help as to what to do to fix it. hoping going to the newer version would provide it to work. would like to make some dvd of episode tv. i thought maybe ulead dvd workshop but it would not do it. having trouble getting something to work that will take the commercials out. thus my eagerness to get the gopeditor up.. thanks

red
Might be a Window's problem. Did you try RIGHT-CLICKing the toolbar button for GOPEditor to try to MOVE it back to the screen so you can see it?

ew

mrwalker66
01-17-2006, 08:43 AM
had the same problem, when i started gopeditor it would just sit in the tool bar. i deleted the gopeditor.ini file in the directory that it was in on my computer and it worked fine after that....

redeagle
01-17-2006, 08:16 PM
Mr walker, ha great tip, that worked, now the editor opens. Ok, i mark some in's and out's, commercials, hit add and add them to the cut list.. now what.. i assumed the gopeditor would have something there that saved the mpg without the cuts. but all i see is the save the ty cuts list. So now what, i have to use the tytool again to do something with it. The last small file i brought over to play with the audio did not play in media player. damn one step forward two steps back lol.. na getting somewhere lol.. so what next and since it is dtv tivo i should not have to do anything with the audio at all right..

1. start tytool
2. start tserver
3. refresh to get files list
4. select file and hit add
5. (p.s. all this while i should be in file multiplex mode correct)
5. hit get to get the file..
6. this may take awhile depending on size.
7. file,process, make key file.
8. edit key file.
9. ok, from here on out not quite sure of what i am doing wrong.

thanks

red

hmmm, edit.. not sure in trying to learn if i goofed.. usually i bring over a mpg.. and it will play with audio in media player before i make key etc.. i think i might have done this while being in a diff mode, maybe tystream or something, cus this last time i brought show over in multiplex mode and it did not work in media player and the key would not edit in gopeditor, it said it was not a gopeditor file. so confused now lol

redeagle
01-17-2006, 09:42 PM
ok, i am pretty sure that processing the file will then take out the cuts.. problem is now that the file does not play in media player, it quits responding and the file has no audio.. this was in tystream mode.. for some reason i think i need to pull the file in multiplex mode but i am not sure.. also, what about the audio holes.. should it be selected or not.. i know the audio should be no processing as it is dtv..

thanks, waiting here for next idea

red

eastwind
01-17-2006, 11:12 PM
Unless you use tyshow, WMP won't know how to play a .ty file. If it doesn't work after muxing, try a different codec.

ew