PDA

View Full Version : Recovering from a failed mfs_ftp insertion

geekjock
01-17-2006, 09:49 AM
A transfer to my 6.2 HDVR2 somehow got messed up, and I am left with a zero size recording. I am unable to delete this recording, and worst of all, my box is now in a continuous reboot cycle, about every 10 minutes.

My unit worked fine up to now, and any interrupted transfer could be fixed by deleting the program or, at worst, doing a manual reboot.

Any suggestions on diagnosing and fixing my problem? To preserve my recordings, I would like to avoid a clear and delete.

Jamie
01-17-2006, 10:48 AM
A transfer to my 6.2 HDVR2 somehow got messed up, and I am left with a zero size recording. I am unable to delete this recording, and worst of all, my box is now in a continuous reboot cycle, about every 10 minutes.

My unit worked fine up to now, and any interrupted transfer could be fixed by deleting the program or, at worst, doing a manual reboot.

Any suggestions on diagnosing and fixing my problem? To preserve my recordings, I would like to avoid a clear and delete.Try deleting it from TWP.

Narf54321
01-17-2006, 01:05 PM
If its constantly rebooting, you can also try the kickstart recovery code 58.

geekjock
01-18-2006, 10:01 PM
An update:

I had tried deleting with TWP, but that just triggered a reboot. So I tried the kickstart suggested above, and got an "Updating..." message, followed by a reboot. After the reboot I was able to delete using TWP and it seems all is well.

So thanks for both suggestions! This is the first time I have heard of the "kickstart" option - I learn something new every day.