PDA

View Full Version : edit key file in 10r4 doesn't work

rfc
01-17-2006, 09:07 PM
Using 10r4. All goes well (extract ty file, make key file, etc.).

When I "edit key file", I get, in the "progress box":

Editing: F:\Ty Files\myfile.ty.key
Done editing 'F:\Ty Files\myfile.ty.key'..

But nothing happens. I don't get the edit window etc.

If I try to edit the key files in 9r18, it works fine.

Any ideas?

bhorstkotte
01-23-2006, 06:32 PM
Odd, I'm using 10r4 and it works fine for me.

BustedSony
01-23-2006, 06:43 PM
Using 10r4. All goes well (extract ty file, make key file, etc.).

When I "edit key file", I get, in the "progress box":

Editing: F:\Ty Files\myfile.ty.key
Done editing 'F:\Ty Files\myfile.ty.key'..

But nothing happens. I don't get the edit window etc.

If I try to edit the key files in 9r18, it works fine.

Any ideas?

Have you got the proper Cygwin1.dll in the same directory as 10r4?

captain_video
01-23-2006, 09:05 PM
You'll stand a better chance of getting a response from jdiner if you post your TyTools questions in the TyTools support thread. He does visit the rest of the forums on occasion but concentrates most of his time in the extraction forum and, more specifically, the TyTools thread.

rfc
01-23-2006, 09:30 PM
You'll stand a better chance of getting a response from jdiner if you post your TyTools questions in the TyTools support thread. He does visit the rest of the forums on occasion but concentrates most of his time in the extraction forum and, more specifically, the TyTools thread.

Thanks for the heads up, Cap'n. I thought of that, but, quite frankly, I thought the issue was probably something dumb and familiar with many others (although a fairly thorough search turned up zilch), and didn't want to bug jdiner on such mundacity. Next time, I'll give the TyT support thread a try.

In the meantime, BustedSony hit it on the head. While unpacking 10r1 I erroneously put the .exe rather than a shortcut on the desktop, from where it ran without cygwin in the same directory.

I did some housekeeping, and Voila! Smooth Operation editing the key files.

captain_video
01-23-2006, 11:22 PM
Glad you got it worked out. It's usually the simple things that are easily overlooked but will drive you absolutely nuts.:confused: