PDA

View Full Version : Can "New Posts" be configured to work better?

chrised
01-21-2006, 07:53 PM
Everyday I visit I like to start with "New Posts".

However, particularly as of late, "FISHINLADY" is always filling up the board with all these "Free Deals" I have no interest in seeing.

Its to the point where, at times, New Posts is no longer useful to me.

Is there a way to configure VBulletin to exclude particular forums from the new posts list?

I'd really appreciate it.

SpoonsJTD
01-27-2006, 11:59 AM
Everyday I visit I like to start with "New Posts".

However, particularly as of late, "FISHINLADY" is always filling up the board with all these "Free Deals" I have no interest in seeing.

Its to the point where, at times, New Posts is no longer useful to me.

Is there a way to configure VBulletin to exclude particular forums from the new posts list?

I'd really appreciate it.

I started to post this myself until I saw this one. I looked through options and didn't see anything. +1 to exclude free deals from New Posts or to have the ability to configure it.

SpoonsJTD
01-27-2006, 12:00 PM
I started to post this myself until I saw this one. I looked through options and didn't see anything. +1 to exclude free deals from New Posts or to have the ability to configure it.

Heh, although I stand by my request, I just considered the irony of this considering the sites name.

FISHINLADY
01-27-2006, 01:29 PM
lol at least someone has caught on lol
DealDatabase

everrest
02-28-2006, 07:53 PM
These links should only searh the "Category: NEW TiVo, DTiVo, Extraction FORUMS!" for the new and daily posts.
New tivo posts only (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/search.php?do=getnew&f=43)
Tivo daily posts only (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/search.php?do=getdaily&f=43)
You can drag the links to your desktop. You probably need to set the forum logon to "remember me" so it can check the time of your last visit. No warranty provided.

(In this case the answer to "The Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything" was 43.):D