PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rate Issue

bobchurchill
01-22-2006, 06:48 PM
I'm looking for some suggestions.

One of my S2 DVRs seems to be stuck at 0.1 MBps. It doesn't seem to matter whether I use a USB1.1 wireless adapter or a wired adapter with or without the USB2.0 drivers enabled. The signal strength for the wireless adapter is ~90%. The S2 DVR has 2 x 200GB drives and I'm wondering if the second drive is limiting the transfer rate. The drives are connected to the board with an ATA133 cable.

My other 2 S2 DVRs only have 1 drive and tranfer at 0.2-0.3 MBps with USB1.1 wireless adapters.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

bhorstkotte
01-23-2006, 03:43 PM
Not sure if this might apply, but just in case - I have a DTivo with a CacheCARD connected via wire, and was trying to transfer to my laptop which was connected via wireless (802.11b) - I was getting about 0.5M/s over FTP - when I switched my laptop to a wired connection instead of wireless, I get about 3.5M/s.

Just in case your PC on the other end is using wireless. I was a little surprised that it made that big of a difference, since for my hacked xbox I was able to transfer very fast via wireless on the notebook.

vectorite
01-23-2006, 07:54 PM
I Have a S2 with 2 x 200gb drives, get 2.3M/sec wired to my desk top, If I use laptop on wireless I get .95MB/s and if I use laptop and save to desktop (double wireless traffic) I get around .4MB/s. I think your problem is something else not 2 drives.. I would check the usb - ethernet adaptor. Hope that helps.