PDA

View Full Version : TyShow

OrionsHunter
02-04-2006, 02:21 AM
Where can I get vserver and TyShow to stream video from TivoWeb? I have a version of both but Windows Media Player is crashing, either by closing or with a runtime error.

Vserver is running. I installed versions 1.13 and 1.4 of TyShow. Could someone please point me in the direction of where to find the correct versions of vserver and TyShow that works?

Btw, I have an HR10-250 fully hacked. This is the last thing to get working on it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Orion

snoots
02-04-2006, 10:36 AM
Can you play back a .ty file downloaded from your tivo using tytools ? If you have the registry entry for Windows that registers the .ty extension then just clicking on the file after it is downloaded should play it. This test would prove your problem is on the pc side and not some oddity with vserver on the tivo or tivowebplus. I have had a lot of trouble off and on with tyshow, you must use the version that has been fixed to work with HD or explorer and windows media player blow up due to the files being over 4 gig in size. I think sourceforge is up to date with those changes that fixed the large file problems. Also you might try rendering a .ty file with "graphedit" to see what directshow filters and codecs your pc is using to try to open and play the file. I had some trouble after months of it working well when I deleted some codecs and installed some new ones.

OrionsHunter
02-04-2006, 05:01 PM
No, I cannot play back a .ty file downloaded through TyTools 10r4 in Windows Media Player.

Where do I get the proper version of the TyShow with the fixed codecs? Also, is TyTools 10r4 pretty stable at this point? I'm assuming it's the version to use on an HR10-250 HD-DVR.

Also, when I download something through TyTools 10r4, it shows my time remaining as negative seconds increasingly growing more negative.

Thanks again,

Orion