PDA

View Full Version : Recordings Stop Encoding At 11/12Minutes?

SniperKilla
02-07-2006, 07:11 PM
i have a S2 hughes SD-DVR40 dtv tivo.. with a 80GB hdd.. with 6.2.. the all in one superpatch and some other various programs...

when i transfer a .ty it comes complete.. seems to play complete in windows media player using tyshow.. but when encoding it to anything... using tytools.. or etivo.. most shows stop at 11-12 minutes... no matter what i do... i found a patch for tyshow that is said to have fixed someones problem.. but it dident work... anyone have any ideas?

captain_video
02-07-2006, 10:15 PM
Are you extracting just parts or the entire ty file? Make sure you're selecting the Get button and not the Get Parts button or you'll only get individual FSIDs that are about 512MB in size.

SniperKilla
02-08-2006, 12:04 AM
no i have the whole 1GB ty file for a hour show.. it plays fine in windows media player out of the .ty.. just chokes on encoding

fi3ndlich
02-21-2006, 10:02 PM
I too am having this exact problem. I can encode ty files on 3 different PC's I have however they are older and slower there for I would like to use my newer PC. I have a 898 meg ty file that I can view completely with media player and I have successfully encoded it using my older PC's but when I try encoding it on my newer one it says its complete after about 26% and the show only plays aprox. 15 minutes of the show. I have tried other ty files as well all with same type of results. I have no clue what is causing this considering my older PCs and newer one all have the same software on them. If anyone else has experienced this but has figured out how to fix it please post.

Thank you
KJ