PDA

View Full Version : need help with csoscout.tcl

yzfyzf
02-09-2006, 10:15 PM
i have been reading and trying to get my recorded shows to loose its encryption with no luck on my dtivo 6.2. i have the tcl file in my /var/hack directory which i 'chmod 755 scoscout.tcl' and have mfs_ftp installed in /var/mfs_ftp. when i issue command ./scoscout.tcl it gives me a long message "couldn't open /tmp/scrambletest ...... aborting open transaction. i tried putting the csoscout.tcl file in the mfs_tlc directory and running it but the same message appeared. i did some searching and this is the only one i found http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34962 which did not solve my problem. please help.

cheer
02-09-2006, 10:22 PM
If you have encrypted shows that you want to decrypt, csoscout.tcl is not going to do it for you.

Run ciphercheck (available in AlphaWolf's all-in-one utilities) and see whether the shows are actually encrypted. If they are, the only way to unscramble them is with the S2_Unscramble kernel.

yzfyzf
02-09-2006, 10:32 PM
i get the same message running ciphercheck.tcl. i was following AlphaWolf's guide to disable tystream encryption and it says that scoscout would do it. that is it would make my current shows loose the encryption so that is compatible with the tivoapp modification for tystream extraction. his directions stated that i need binary copy of mfs_export and cat to be present in one for the $PATH directories. What are these directories?

Jamie
02-09-2006, 11:35 PM
i get the same message running ciphercheck.tcl. i was following AlphaWolf's guide to disable tystream encryption and it says that scoscout would do it. that is it would make my current shows loose the encryption so that is compatible with the tivoapp modification for tystream extraction. his directions stated that i need binary copy of mfs_export and cat to be present in one for the $PATH directories. What are these directories?Run ciphercheck not ciphercheck.tcl. It's in AlphaWolf's all-in-one package.

Your problem with csoscout.tcl is that you don't have a working mfs_export on your path. It used to be part of AlphaWolf's all-in-one package, but he dropped it, since a new, better program exists now (mfs_uberexport).

Get this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39487) package for a mfs_export cover shell script that you can use with these older tcl scripts.

yzfyzf
02-10-2006, 10:04 AM
thanks for all the help. i wasn't able to run the ciphercheck or csoscout. i erased few recordings that i had on my tivo and goinig forward all the new recordings will not be encrypted due to application of AlphaWolf's tivoapp encryption hack. i will try debugging mfs_ftp later. for now i am just happy to get the shows off my tivo to pc. now i have to figure out the best way of coverting ty stream to DVD. it's too bad that tivo only records 480X480 resolution.

cheer
02-10-2006, 12:45 PM
Tivo records what D* sends -- so 480 x 480 is all you can get.

Check the various threads. Simplest is to extract with TyTool, mux to VOB and burn, but there are a lot of ways to skin that cat.

yzfyzf
02-14-2006, 11:28 PM
ok. i am back trying to get mfs_ftp to get going. i ftp'ed files from the forum (mfs_ftp.tar and s2bins.tar) into my /var/hack directory and untarred them issuing the following commands:
tar xvf /var/hack/mfs_ftp.tar
tar xvf /var/hack/s2bins.tar
i proceeded to start mfs_ftp by issuing this command /var/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl
and this is the message i get:

bash-2.02# /var/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl
bash-2.02#
bash-2.02# child process exited abnormally
while executing
"exec $info(path)/tzoffset.tcl 2>/dev/null"
(procedure "get_tzoffset" line 10)
invoked from within
"get_tzoffset"
(procedure "init_procs" line 7)
invoked from within
"init_procs"
(file "/var/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl" line 1534)

any help would be appreciated. i found this link
http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39487
but i am little confused as how to apply all these files to my current install. i can see that the above message is implying that a file is missing (tzoffset.tcl ) which is found in the first download (mfs-utils_src-20050604[1].tar). do i just ftp all the attachments and untar them? i just don't want to ftp files on my tivo untar them and mess what i have so far.

lgkahn
02-15-2006, 02:09 PM
same problem here I keep a version of scrambletest around and then it works

put it int he correct place

here it is

Jamie
02-15-2006, 02:26 PM
same problem here I keep a version of scrambletest around and then it works

put it int he correct place

here it is
This makes no sense.

csoscout.tcl runs mfs_export to export the first part of each stream into /tmp/scrambletest so it can determine if the recordings are scrambled or not. If you use this fixed /tmp/scrambletest file, you'll fool csoscout.tcl into thinking that none of the shows are scrambled. If they really were scrambled, it will nuke your cso keys and you'll have lost those recordings forever.

It makes a lot more sense to me to get a working mfs_export and make sure it is on your path, as I described earlier in the thread.

cheer
02-15-2006, 06:09 PM
bash-2.02# /var/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl
bash-2.02#
bash-2.02# child process exited abnormally
while executing
"exec $info(path)/tzoffset.tcl 2>/dev/null"
(procedure "get_tzoffset" line 10)
invoked from within
"get_tzoffset"
(procedure "init_procs" line 7)
invoked from within
"init_procs"
(file "/var/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl" line 1534)
Create a file called tzoffset.txt and place it in your mfs_ftp directory. Format of the file is:

set info(tzoffset) -21600
Replace "-21600" with the right value for your timezone (number of seconds + or - UTC); mine is for CST (UTC -6).

lgkahn
02-16-2006, 05:09 PM
well none of my files are scrambled and mfs_ftp is working fine so I do have a working version mfs_export on my systems so their is something else going on.

Jamie
02-16-2006, 05:30 PM
well none of my files are scrambled and mfs_ftp is working fine so I do have a working version mfs_export on my systems so their is something else going on.Evidently a working mfs_export isn't on the PATH as seen by the csoscout.tcl script. The fact that mfs_ftp works doesn't contradict this.

There are only two reasons I can think of for running csoscout: To remove cso keys from recordings made with a nocso kernel patch (e.g. after an unsleeper). To remove cso keys from recordings that were unscrambled.I both cases, I'd think you'd want to make sure the recordings really were unscrambled before nuking the cso keys. I'd highly recommend the OP get to the root of the problem rather than installing a "fake" /tmp/scrambletest file that claims that all recordings are unscrambled. If you are going to do that, you might as well just remove the test from the script that checks to see if a recording is scrambled.

eastwind
02-16-2006, 08:42 PM
FWIW, mfs_ftp can find mfs_export if it's in its own directory. If you're at the root bash prompt and type which mfs_export it will show you the first mfs_export found in your path.

ew

lgkahn
02-16-2006, 09:15 PM
I know all the shows are unscrambled because they were from a sleepered box using kmem patch..

anyway.. here is the root of the problem the mfs_export being found in the directory where I have csocut is the wrong one..

i.e.

TuikHelper.tcl cipher
bufferhack22.tcl csosco
tivo:/var$
tivo:/var$ which mfs_export
/busybox/mfs_export

versus

tivo:/$ find / | grep -i mfs_export
/var/mfs_ftp/mfs_export
/busybox/mfs_export
tivo:/$
tivo:/$

so you are right now that I know the correct fix it is either changing the path or for me the easier one was to create a symlink in /busybox pointing to the correct mfs_export

yzfyzf
02-17-2006, 12:27 AM
Ok. I see there is little debate going on above but I am making some progress. After patching my mfs_files with the proper Mips I am able to run ciphercheck:

bash-2.02# ./ciphercheck
CipherCheck - based on CipherCheck.tcl by AlphaWolf_HK
TyStream encryption is currently disabled.
Here is the status of your current recordings:
Encrypted CSO Set Stream Name
--------- ------- -----------
No No Scent of a Woman

Yes! I could probably run csoscout but I don't need to because encryption is turned off.

When I issue this command: bash-2.02# ./mfs_ftp.tcl I don't get any response. The prompt just goes to a new line without any output on the screen. When I do this: bash-2.02# ./ftp I get this output:

bash-2.02# couldn't open socket: address already in use
while executing
"socket -server newcsocket $port"
(procedure "setup_control_socket" line 4)
invoked from within
"setup_control_socket $info(port)"
(procedure "reset_control_socket" line 9)
invoked from within
"reset_control_socket"
(procedure "init_procs" line 13)
invoked from within
"init_procs"
(file "./mfs_ftp.tcl" line 1534)

I am not sure what the problem is but I think it has to do with my PATH in the rc.sysinit file. Where is this file? I searched and searched and no luck.

eastwind
02-17-2006, 01:54 AM
When I issue this command: bash-2.02# ./mfs_ftp.tcl I don't get any response. The prompt just goes to a new line without any output on the screen. When I do this: bash-2.02# ./ftp I get this output:

What output are you expecting? This is normal. When you issue the second command it's trying to bind to the same port that mfs_ftp.tcl already commandeered (since it's just a symlink). What does ps show? What happens when you ftp to the port (3105 default)?

ew

Jamie
02-17-2006, 01:57 AM
When I issue this command: bash-2.02# ./mfs_ftp.tcl I don't get any response. The prompt just goes to a new line without any output on the screen. That's perfectly normal. mfs_ftp "daemonizes" and runs in background by default. You should look at the readme.txt that came with mfs_ftp, as it covers this.
When I do this: bash-2.02# ./ftp I get this output:

bash-2.02# couldn't open socket: address already in use
ftp is just a link to mfs_ftp.tcl. So you are trying to run it again when you already have one copy running. They can't both listen on the same port, so the second one gets this error.
I am not sure what the problem is but I think it has to do with my PATH in the rc.sysinit file. Where is this file? I searched and searched and no luck.Your PATH is probably fine. rc.sysinit is in /etc/rc.d. You shouldn't mess with it until you know what you are doing.

yzfyzf
02-20-2006, 03:47 PM
I am happy to report that putting 3105 in the port made all the difference and mfs_ftp is working now. Now I have to figure out how to add mfs_ftp server to hackman options. Thanks for all the help!