PDA

View Full Version : Best DivX or XivD Conversion

OrionsHunter
02-11-2006, 05:38 AM
I have downloaded some awesome looking HD programs converted to .avi using DivX codecs.

What is the best way/program to do this? I have tried Gordian Knot and Dr. DivX with not as good results. Since I now have the HR10-250, converting to .avi with GREAT quality is important.

Any recommendations?

amphion
02-19-2006, 10:13 PM
Try using AutoGK. Not sure what setting you are trying to use but you will probably want at least 1400MB for the file size.

OrionsHunter
02-26-2006, 06:30 AM
I tried AutoGK (Gordian Knot) as mentioned earlier--I tried both versions. I'm just not getting the quality I have seen from other programs. I am trying file sizes BIGGER than the original to see if that makes a difference.

I wonder what codecs ppl are using to get these quality videos from HD streams.

Narf54321
02-26-2006, 12:13 PM
You could try DivX Pro (the "upgrade" from the free official DivX player/codec), wih multi-pass encoding. It costs money, though. And will likely take hours to finish each show.

OrionsHunter
02-26-2006, 07:53 PM
I tried DivX Pro with multi-pass encoding as already own it. I don't like AutoGK because you are limited in what you can do.

Does anyone have an UPDATED guide on how to use Gordian Knot with HD Directv streams? It handles the standard streams just fine, but you don't really need to compress them.

Thanks,

Orion