PDA

View Full Version : Need HELP with streaming to a pc...

jairrobali
02-12-2006, 01:29 AM
I'm new to the hacking game, but after using the OS6 hack to get TiVo where I wanted it I thought I'd try and get streaming set up (having already gotten the extraction process down). I placed the module onto TiVo to allow the "View" button to appear in TiVoWebPlus, but when I hit the "view" button, Windows Media Player closes instantly.

I've checked file associations...

According to the directions I followed, I did place tserver in the /var/hack directory on the machine. No luck. I also have tried doing this with the TyTools 10r4. No Luck. Yes, I have the proper codecs installed...

Basically, I just want to know how I can get Windows Media Player to play streaming video instead of shutting down....

cheer
02-12-2006, 02:42 AM
When you say "Yes, I have the proper codecs installed..."

Which codecs? What did you install? As far as I know, TyTool/Tserver isn't really set up for streaming. Do you have vserver running?

jairrobali
02-12-2006, 02:50 AM
THat is where I'm getting confused...I can't find a clear cut set of directions nor a download for vserver...

How do i do it?

cheer
02-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Vserver is included in AlphaWolf's all-in-one utilities. If you installed the AIO utils in /busybox, for example, then
/busybox/vserver & would load it and background it.