PDA

View Full Version : Extraction of HD on HR10-250 to reinsert later.

flagmaster
02-20-2006, 02:31 PM
Ok, I admit I have not done too much reading on this subject yet. So please forgive me if Im again posting something redudent.

What Im looking to do is to be able to download shows via usb-ethernet from the HR 10-250, and save them to my computer. Then later as some point, take that file and put it BACK onto my HR-10-250 to view it. I dont want to upload the show to the internet or make it avaible to anyone else but myself.

I have a LOT of "save until I delete" shows eating up space on my drive that Id like to free up.

I know I can simply tape these show to svhs, but Id loose the 1080i and the DD5.1 on these if I do.

Another option Id like to be able to do is firewire record them onto Dvhs in full res. Is there a workable procedure that would allow me to dump shows in full digital to a dvhs recorder, and thus playable buy putting in the tape and hitting play? I have read some people are having success with some sort of HD-DVD player called A-Vel or something like that?

My tivo is ftpable, telnetable and thats it at this point.

Carey

5speed
02-20-2006, 02:56 PM
You're almost there! Just rurn off encryption, add mfs_ftp and then ftp the tmf file from/to your Tivo and your PC. Plenty of good info in the extraction threads on how to add mfs_ftp. Be warned - HD files can be HUGE - around 8 or 9 GB for a 2-hour movie off HDnet is common for me.

flagmaster
02-20-2006, 04:54 PM
Is there a way to "turn encryption off" without loosing the ability to watch the 100's of things already on my tivo? Can I move 'em off and back on encrypted?

SpoonsJTD
02-20-2006, 05:13 PM
Is there a way to "turn encryption off" without loosing the ability to watch the 100's of things already on my tivo? Can I move 'em off and back on encrypted?

Turning encryption off doesn't affect the playback of the shows already encrypted that currently reside on your tivo.

Someone else will have to comment on whether extraction and reinsertion works on encrypted shows -- I myself have wondered this.

There is a way (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39207) to unscramble encrypted shows that were captured prior to turning encryption off, but I would definitely consider this an advanced topic as far as the hacking activities described on this site go.

eastwind
02-20-2006, 06:19 PM
Pretty sure you can re-insert the extracted encrypted shows back onto the same box. But you won't be able to burn DVDs.

ew

5speed
02-20-2006, 06:29 PM
If you use AlphaWolfs suggested method, http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31213
this shouldn't be a problem. Be sure and look for the specific instruction for the 3.1.5f software! This answer appears to be model-specific, but the HR10-250 let's you mix encrypted and unencrypted for playback - at least when you use the method suggested above. You won't be able to do anything with the encrypted shows except just store them on the PC and re-insert them when you want to watch them. The unencrypted ones can be "processed" on your PC as much as you want!

flagmaster
03-31-2006, 05:17 PM
I have had some succuess with Tytool10r4.

I was able to disable encryption, and move over the file to my pc, and I think I can even get the dvd burnt, but I will need to down-convert the video of hd stuff to mpg thats dvd res.

Is there anyone who can point me to someone who has successfully pulled off hd contect from their hacked hr 10 250 and placed it onto dvhs? Or is this just not dooable at all??

If not, is the best plan to just keep these big data files (tmf, or .ty) on a computer and then when you wannna watch them in hd, go thru the troulbe and time of uploading them again?

Thanks.