PDA

View Full Version : vserver in startup

jazzplr
02-22-2006, 12:07 AM
I am a relative noob to this but I have upgraded to 6.2, superpatched, and have gotten tivoserver to work (thanks to all in this excellent group!). My last hurdle is to get vserver to run at startup so i don't need to run ./vserver from putty before running WinVo. I know that there is an entry in rc.syinit.author that will do this but i really don't want to screw up and put it in the wrong line in the file. My vserver resides in ptvupgrade/bin.

THANKS!

Also, I have seen where people are streaming from tivowebplus. What? How? I'm really having a hard time finding some clear answers on all of this.

mfrazzz
02-24-2006, 01:58 AM
The following is what I have in my author file:

#############################################
# start vserver to stream video
/busybox/vserver &

Then to get TivoWebplus to allow you to stream you need to edit the /tivowebplus/tivoweb.cfg file and set TyShowLinks = 1

you'll then need to get the codec on the PC where you will be watching the stream.

jazzplr
02-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Man, THANKS A LOT! Works like a charm!

juzzie
02-21-2007, 11:37 PM
The following is what I have in my author file:

#############################################
# start vserver to stream video
/busybox/vserver &

Then to get TivoWebplus to allow you to stream you need to edit the /tivowebplus/tivoweb.cfg file and set TyShowLinks = 1

you'll then need to get the codec on the PC where you will be watching the stream.

:confused: I am puzzled. For some reason I cannot change file permission on "tivoweb.cfg" in order to modify it with "TyShowLinks = 1". I tried to do it with telnet - no go. With FlashFxp - no go. I'm using "chmod 777 *" command inside of tivowebplus directory - and it's not working. It still shows "r" in attributes and when I try to save the edited file, it tells me "READ ONLY FILE SYSTEM". Can you please help me what should I do to be able to edit tivoweb.cfg file? I just need "write" permission to be set ONLY for that file - not the whole tivo hard drive. Is it possible? Thanks.

rsmall
02-22-2007, 12:24 AM
Did you remount the file system in read/write mode?

mount -o remount,rw /

you can't enable write mode to a file if the file system is read only.

juzzie
02-22-2007, 12:30 AM
Did you remount the file system in read/write mode?

mount -o remount,rw /

you can't enable write mode to a file if the file system is read only.

No, I did not. I see.... So basically, I have to mount the drive in read-write mode and then back to read only mode. Am I right?

labbie48
02-22-2007, 12:35 AM
You are absolutely right. You can't write to any file in the filesystem (other than what's in /var unless you enable "rw".

juzzie
02-22-2007, 12:43 AM
Thanks. That's it.

juzzie
02-22-2007, 02:31 PM
I am a relative noob to this but I have upgraded to 6.2, superpatched, and have gotten tivoserver to work (thanks to all in this excellent group!). My last hurdle is to get vserver to run at startup so i don't need to run ./vserver from putty before running WinVo. I know that there is an entry in rc.syinit.author that will do this but i really don't want to screw up and put it in the wrong line in the file. My vserver resides in ptvupgrade/bin.

THANKS!

Also, I have seen where people are streaming from tivowebplus. What? How? I'm really having a hard time finding some clear answers on all of this.

I was wondering if there is a way to search for vserver file on my tivo using some unix/linux search command. I can telnet and ftp my tivo but I'm not sure where vserver resides. I tried to browse few folders but couldn't find it.

In case I don't have this utility on my tivo, where can I get the latest compiled version? I'm running Dtivo Samsung 4040r, hacked, with TivoWebplus ver 1.3

cheer
02-22-2007, 04:07 PM
Try just doing "which vserver" and see if it pops up. If not, try "find / -name vserver" and see what you get.

If it isn't there, you can find vserver in the latest All-In-One utilities in the Files section.