PDA

View Full Version : uploading ty file from usb drive

mrwalker66
03-05-2006, 05:16 PM
is it possible to upload a .ty or .tmf file from a usb key drive, that is attached to the usb port, to the nowshowing on my tivo. i would assume that you would use mfs_stdinsert. if it is possible what would the command line switches be. say bash# ./mfs_stdinsert ???????? /usb/ ty or tmf file....if there is a thread that covers this please point me too it...thanks
what i was trying didn't work, i got a GSOD...
this is on a
hr10-250, i can mount the usb key drive and see it through the telnet session.

eastwind
03-05-2006, 05:22 PM
Okay, so what happens when you try to mfs_stdinsert the file? What about mfs_import? Did you read through the code in mfs_ftp.tcl to see what it's doing?

ew

Jamie
03-05-2006, 05:40 PM
is it possible to upload a .ty or .tmf file from a usb key drive, that is attached to the usb port, to the nowshowing on my tivo. i would assume that you would use mfs_stdinsert. if it is possible what would the command line switches be. say bash# ./mfs_stdinsert ???????? /usb/ ty or tmf file....if there is a thread that covers this please point me too it...thanks
what i was trying didn't work, i got a GSOD...
this is on a
hr10-250, i can mount the usb key drive and see it through the telnet session.You need some tcl help to allocate the recording space and fill in the appropriate MFS data structures. Look around for [mbm]'s import.tcl script. Here's (http://alt.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=678&rid=0&S=541020178cb81b2f6cab7821758e0eb1#msg_num_2) one version, but I don't know if it is the latest. Could also be this (http://alt.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=678&rid=0&S=541020178cb81b2f6cab7821758e0eb1#msg_num_4) one. This is an old script. It might have to be adapted slightly for current software and tool versions.

mrwalker66
03-05-2006, 05:50 PM
thanks jamie, i knew u would come through.....on a side note, how long will it take for my hr10-250 to recover from the gsod, or will it recover at all? the swap file is the standard on a 300gb drive. its easy to start over from scratch if it doesn't, just don't want to lose some of the recordings....thanks

Jamie
03-05-2006, 05:53 PM
thanks jamie, i knew u would come through.....on a side note, how long will it take for my hr10-250 to recover from the gsod, or will it recover at all? the swap file is the standard on a 300gb drive. its easy to start over from scratch if it doesn't, just don't want to lose some of the recordings....thanksNo clue. All I can do is wish you luck. What FSID did you write over with mfs_import?

mrwalker66
03-05-2006, 05:59 PM
i was thinking, that's the problem, that is was as simple as using the fsid and giving the path to the file on the usb key drive..

i used ./mfs_stdinsert 38990 /usb/local.ty

i got the fsid from tivoweb, after i uploaded the file through mfs_ftp...i didn't delete the original file before i tried the command line approach...my bad.

Jamie
03-05-2006, 06:01 PM
i was thinking, that's the problem, that is was as simple as using the fsid and giving the path to the file on the usb key drive..

i used ./mfs_stdinsert 38990 /usb/local.ty

i got the fsid from tivoweb, after i uploaded the file through mfs_ftp...i didn't delete the original file before i tried the command line approach...my bad.mfs_import expects a tystream "part" fsid, not a Recording dbobj fsid. My guess is you clobbered the tydb object for the Recording, leaving your Now Showing list in a corrupted state.

In general, insertion is somewhat dangerous. It's easy to end up with a corrupted tivo db that can't be recovered. Experimentation should be down cautiously, with a backup of anything important, etc.

mrwalker66
03-05-2006, 06:07 PM
In general, insertion is somewhat dangerous. It's easy to end up with a corrupted tivo db that can't be recovered. Experiementation should be down cautiously, with a backup of anything important, etc.

you're right, i should be experimenting on a tivo that im not actually using to record stuff. that's the beauty of all of this, if you're not messing up, you're not learning......

mrwalker66
03-05-2006, 07:18 PM
just an update, it recovered and all of the shows and hacks are still there....ive learned my lesson :eek:

DocTauri
07-16-2006, 09:19 AM
Has anyone gotten either of the linked scripts to work? They both seem to do nothing against a .ty file (works for a few seconds then quits w/o error), but choke on .tmf.

I'm by no means knowledgable on this, but it seems that the problem may be that these scripts attempt to write all "Object" types as a top level entity. It seems that "Program" elements are defined as an "Object" (but from what I've been able to gather, actually exists beneath "Showing". The script tries to write a /Program, gives an "invalid object type" error, and throws a 0x10009 error.

I've tried giving full path inside the script, but again, I don't know MFS at all, and it continues to error.

If somone could point me in the right direction to figure out what's going on here, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Doc