PDA

View Full Version : Jittery playback from HD Stream

Xaa
03-09-2006, 11:53 AM
Hi,

I'm using tytool 10r4 and I've been using the tool for several years. My SD stuff extracts just fine, but my HD stuff plays back jittery as an MPEG, VOB, or burned to a DVD and played on my player.

Am I missing something I need to burn HD streams. I have tried to find the answers but my searches have left me feeling like I'm missing something simple.

Thanks to any who can point me in the right direction.

cheer
03-09-2006, 05:17 PM
Are you leaving them at native resolution or scaling them down? Takes a fair amount of horsepower to play HD resolutions on a PC, and DVDs of course do not support HD resolutions at all.

Xaa
03-09-2006, 08:04 PM
I see, thanks. I haven't been scaling. The .mpg was real jittery and then the DVD payed "ok" on my PC, but when burnt was all jittery again in playing. Based on what you've posted I see why.

What is the step to scale it down?

And thanks for your help.

cheer
03-09-2006, 09:50 PM
Well, there are any number of approaches. I've only had my HR10-250 a few weeks, and I'm just barely starting to experiment for best results.

What are you using to burn to DVD? I think if you use Nero you can have Nero re-encode it for you at the proper resolution. No idea what kind of job it does.

I've taken a shot or two at re-encoding with Canopus ProCoder. Dvd-Lab bombs when I try to author the DVD, though, so evidently I am doing something wrong. I'm considering using Avisynth to do a better job of resizing and maybe apply some filters, but Avisynth (well, not Avisynth itself so much as understanding the process and all the filters) has quite a learning curve.

I wish there was an easy way to burn or archive the files in the native res, but until burnable HD media is here...