PDA

View Full Version : Multi Encoder Plugin

edmclain
03-14-2006, 05:59 PM
Hello all. I've been working on a plugin for etivo server/web that will give it multiple encoder support. It is based on the mencoder plugin, though heavily hacked. I've got it up and running on my system at the moment and am looking for beta testers to help me get it ready for prime time. This plugin requires the current beta version of etivoserver to run as it is using the new hooks and calls used in that version. If you are interested just pm me and I'll send you over the plugin.

Current Features:
All Features of the divx addin
Add as many encoders as you want
Output files can be sent to any directory you want

Thanks,
Ed.

deanm_nz
03-14-2006, 08:55 PM
keen to try! thanks

HUGE
03-14-2006, 11:22 PM
Sign me up.

HUGE

usa11usa
03-15-2006, 11:17 AM
Hello all. I've been working on a plugin for etivo server/web that will give it multiple encoder support. It is based on the mencoder plugin, though heavily hacked. I've got it up and running on my system at the moment and am looking for beta testers to help me get it ready for prime time. This plugin requires the current beta version of etivoserver to run as it is using the new hooks and calls used in that version. If you are interested just pm me and I'll send you over the plugin.

Current Features:
All Features of the divx addin
Add as many encoders as you want
Output files can be sent to any directory you want

Thanks,
Ed.

i just sent you a PM so you can send me the code. I would love to help in any way i can

realbadboy
03-19-2006, 11:50 AM
Sign me up !

johns22
03-19-2006, 06:34 PM
I just sent a PM also. Please sign me up

twinc
03-24-2006, 08:55 PM
Is this add-in recognized by the new etivo beta? Didn't have much luck with the old mencoder plugin...

johns22
03-26-2006, 10:19 PM
I have been testing this addin and it works with the newest beta version of etivo. It took me a bit to get it to work (my fault), but it is working well so far. I have only encoded a few shows, but they work. I am using a newer version of mencoder with xvid support. I am playing with different flags for mencoder and xvid to find the right size and quality. I mainly use it to encode files for my Axim X51v PocketPC.

rbreding
03-26-2006, 10:58 PM
I have been testing this addin and it works with the newest beta version of etivo. It took me a bit to get it to work (my fault), but it is working well so far. I have only encoded a few shows, but they work. I am using a newer version of mencoder with xvid support. I am playing with different flags for mencoder and xvid to find the right size and quality. I mainly use it to encode files for my Axim X51v PocketPC.

Which mencoder version are you using ? Some of the versions have problems with Large File support. Where was it downloaded from ?

johns22
03-27-2006, 01:59 PM
I downloaded it from one of the sites listed on the "Related Projects" page of the Mplayer website. They author of the site is listed as Gianluigi Tiesi on the Mplayer website. It was a recent compile from March 23, 2006. It has Xvid support and others. I encoded three shows yesterday and all is well so far. I have a DirecTIVO (HDVR2) and my typcial one hour shows are around 1GB as a ty file before encoding. I am playing with the encoding (want to get smaller for PocketPC), but some of the defaults get the file to around 500MB with good quality and two-pass option.

rbreding
03-27-2006, 02:00 PM
Thanks, if you have any shows (might try a movie to test) that is over 2gb it should tell us if large file support is built into that version you have.

johns22
03-28-2006, 12:56 PM
I am starting an encode now of a 2.2GB movie. I will report results if and hopefully when it completes.

Additional infio: As rbreding was concerned it didn't work for the 2GB file. Any ideas regarding a mencoder file that will work with Xvid and 2GB files?

lonaman
04-05-2006, 10:46 PM
I'd like to test. I'm particularly interested in redirecting the output.