PDA

View Full Version : extraction 2Mb/s one day, 0.2 Mb/s the next?

ianbtv
03-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Hi all -

Am using TyTool #10 rel 4 on Windows 2000. TiVo is a SVR-2000.

Extractions have been 2Mb/s up until today (~6 months since original install), when all of a sudden they dropped to 0.2Mb/s. Have rebooted all PC's, TiVo and router - no change. Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

- Ian (ianbtv)

eastwind
03-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Check the wire to make sure it didn't get pinched (check with a different cable). Open the box and make sure the card is well seated. Check to see if anything is running and taking up CPU cycles (top). Try a different port on your switch/router/hub. Try a different switch/router/hub. Try without the switch/router/hub. Check network status with a packet sniffer. (Sorry if these ideas are too basic, some people know nothing about troubleshooting and I don't know what you might've tried besides powering down and back up. BTW, when you power down a network it's best to actually power it down and wait half a minute or so before powering back up--rebooting is not always enough to clear problems.)

ew

ianbtv
03-19-2006, 10:42 PM
(problem still exists)

eastwind
03-20-2006, 12:27 AM
I think you just got lucky with your timing. TyTool doesn't need cygwin1.dll to pull the files. I think it only uses it for re-encoding around FAE cuts and for creating the DVD Fileset (and maybe for muxing--can't remember about that one).

ew

ianbtv
03-22-2006, 09:16 AM
Extraction is back to 0.2-0.35 meg/sec, and hasn't changed for several days now ...

- router shows 100 Mb connection OK - no change in indication or performance (of extraction) when changing ports on the router (and no other traffic seems to be affected (e.g., file transfers between networked PC's))
- checked inside TiVo - TurboNET card is seated firmly
- running TyTool on any other PC shows same (low) extraction speed ...

I've posted the same problem on the Siliconduct forum, but no one seems to be listening there ...

Any other ideas, save for contacting 9thTee or Silicondust for tech support/warranty service?

Thanks again -

- Ian (ianbtv)

DMAC15
03-26-2006, 09:47 AM
I am having a similar problem. I just upgraded my TiVo using the PTVnet software and the extraction speed is around 0.1m/sec. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

cheer
03-27-2006, 09:16 PM
Not sure how to help you as I have no idea what PTVnet does. Which adapter are you using? Which drivers?