PDA

View Full Version : Philip series 2 DTV tivo

ltkenbo
03-21-2006, 12:31 AM
I have a Philip series 2 DTV tivo. I am wondering how to transfer videos out of it. I know there are USB ports on the back but I don't know how to use them along with a phoneline but those are the only sources of connection. How do I do it?

cheer
03-21-2006, 10:03 AM
Start in the Newbie forum, and start reading stickies.

A stock DirecTivo gives you no way to do what you're asking. You have to hack your box to enable network access and disable encryption. Once you do that, take a look at mfs_ftp or TyTool.

ltkenbo
03-21-2006, 06:04 PM
I have to take out the hard drive and load different things onto it don't I? Or onto a new one.

cheer
03-21-2006, 07:35 PM
I have to take out the hard drive and load different things onto it don't I? Or onto a new one.
Yep, you do.

Roger Dylan
03-21-2006, 07:56 PM
I have to take out the hard drive and load different things onto it don't I? Or onto a new one.Not being facetious (as I have been known to be): you have very quickly grasped what some newcomers refuse to understand or accept for weeks, or forever. I have a good feeling about this. You will get it done.

Once you get a clear grasp of those "things," it would not be out of bounds for you to post another message saying "I plan to do this and this and this, does that sound right?" And I think, having demonstrated you've done the homework, you'll get some good guidance in response. Won't prevent you from typing something in wrong, and no guarantees you won't accidentally get misled, but you'll be able to confirm your approach is sound.