PDA

View Full Version : where on the tivo are the .ty streams saved?

mchipser
03-23-2006, 09:54 PM
hey,

just curiousr where the .ty streams are saved

Myk3

cheer
03-23-2006, 10:34 PM
On the MFS partition(s).

mchipser
03-24-2006, 02:10 PM
hey

ok i can see all the folders via telnet and smb server. now is it in a different partiton that those are saved in? or are they in a folder in the root file system? is what i am trying to do is play .ty files through my network on my xbox. i have tries to get ccxstream working but i couldnt get it to work right. i have read that smb maybe slow but it is good enough that i could still watch vids without interuption.

thanks for the help

Myk3

gfb107
03-24-2006, 03:29 PM
The .ty files aren't stored in a folder that you can see in any normal way. They are stored in the MFS. That's why you need special tools to get to them, like TyTool or MFS_FTP.

mchipser
03-24-2006, 08:39 PM
ok

ok i seen a thread on some people being able to use a xbox to see the files but it doesnt describe on how to see the files and or play the files. i know i can use tytool on my pc to do it but im still trying to figure it out useing my xbox

Myk3

here is the link

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=196554&highlight=smbd#post196554

lol on the first line it says "Hey all. I compiled a MIPS version of Samba and am using it on my Tivo. Because Windows networking uses the Samba protocol, my Tivo now comes up as a workgroup computer. Now accessing the files on my Tivo is much more easy and quick compared to FTP. Now to figure out how to get the Samba server to access content on the MFS partitions"

i guess i am going to see if there is anything else to do

thanks again

Narf54321
03-25-2006, 04:20 PM
To play the Tivo shows on Xbox, you need XBMC and the ccxstream driver loaded on a hacked Tivo unit. Yes, it does work, at least on my Series-2 v4.0.1b Tivo -- I haven't tried on v7.2 yet.

On a series-2 Tivo you need to run ccxstream_s2 (preferably from your rc.sysinit.author file).

In XBMC (specifically the xboxmediacenter.xml file) there are some pre-defined places for local drives and network devices. You should setup a bookmark something like the following:
<bookmark>
<name>Tivo shows</name>
<path>xbms://your.tivo.ip.address:1400/</path>
</bookmark>

mchipser
03-29-2006, 11:32 PM
ok i got it working.. thanks for all the help. i am useing the newest build of XBMC
i think it was built 03-20-06.. and Dtivo with software 6.2

thanks again

Myk3