PDA

View Full Version : Delted tserver

Boaz
04-09-2006, 09:26 PM
I was in the /var/hack subdirectory, and I uploaded (ftp'd) tserver. However, I forgot to switch to binary first. So, still in ftp, I issued: delete tserver

Now I can't telnet to my Tivo.

Okay, stop laughing.

Apparently I deleted the wrong thing, but why? And how do I restore telnet access, preferably without tearing apart my Tivo. ftp still works.

I recently installed the CacheCard product from 9thTee. Great product, btw.

Help?

Offspring2099
04-09-2006, 09:29 PM
oh no, do you have your serial bash setup?

eastwind
04-09-2006, 10:53 PM
delete? Is that even a linux or bash command?

ew

Offspring2099
04-09-2006, 10:56 PM
I think he did it through FTP, not telnet.

ocntscha
04-10-2006, 02:00 AM
I was in the /var/hack subdirectory, and I uploaded (ftp'd) tserver. However, I forgot to switch to binary first. So, still in ftp, I issued: delete tserver

Now I can't telnet to my Tivo..

Okay, stop laughing.

Apparently I deleted the wrong thing, but why? And how do I restore telnet access, preferably without tearing apart my Tivo. ftp still works.

I recently installed the CacheCard product from 9thTee. Great product, btw.

Help?I don't know why you can't telnet into you Tivo but I can't imagine its because of what you've described. Uploading a file in ASCII mode and then immediately deleting it shouldn't matter whatsoever. Whatever the problem though I'd say you've got a great chance of fixing it since you can still FTP in. I assume you start tnlited out rc.sysinit.author. Maybe it just died and needs to be restarted, have you tried rebooting? If you've got some kind of problem with rc.sysinit.author you ought to be able to download it, edit it, and put it back in place all via FTP no problem. Do you have TivoWebPlus running? It lets you enter shell commands.

ocntscha
04-10-2006, 02:04 AM
delete? Is that even a linux or bash command?No, it whats he said it is, an FTP command..

ftp> ?
Commands may be abbreviated. Commands are:

! cr mdir proxy send
$ delete mget sendport site
account debug mkdir put size
append dir mls pwd status
ascii disconnect mode quit struct
bell form modtime quote system
binary get mput recv sunique
bye glob newer reget tenex
case hash nmap rstatus trace
ccc help nlist rhelp type