PDA

View Full Version : using VDub-MPEG2, audio out of sync.

Offspring2099
04-22-2006, 06:14 PM
ORIGINAL:
I was wondering if anyone has tried this and ran into the same issue as I and have a solution.

I'm using tytools10r4 in 'multiplex mode' to pull the videos from the tivo onto my PC. Then I use VirtualDub-MPEG2 1.6.11 to compress the video with Divx 6.0 codec and audio MPEG Layer 3. What happens is that the audio gets out of sync with the video a few minutes into the show. When I play uncompressed mpeg2 everything is fine.

Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.
********************************************************************************

UPDATE:
These methods worked for me:
Method #1:
Encode your mpeg2 with PocketDivXEncoder.
PRO: Easy to use.
CON: Still can't use vdub to encode.

Method #2:
Run your mpeg2 through VideoReDo Plus, then encode with vdub.
CON: VideoReDo Plus cost $50.

Narf54321
04-22-2006, 07:19 PM
If you're already using VirtualDub, have you given Auto Gordian Knot (AutoGK) a try? I've been using AutoGK for making xvid video (similar MP4 compression as DivX) for tivoserver and it's been working out very well.

Offspring2099
04-22-2006, 07:42 PM
thx, just checked out AutoGK, looks pretty nice and simple. If you dont mind sharing what do you use Xvid or Divx. And what do you set your 'Target quality in percentage' to? Thanks again.

Offspring2099
04-22-2006, 08:27 PM
hmmmmm audio was still out of sync with auto gordian

Narf54321
04-23-2006, 08:43 PM
thx, just checked out AutoGK, looks pretty nice and simple. If you dont mind sharing what do you use Xvid or Divx. And what do you set your 'Target quality in percentage' to? Thanks again.

I usually set my output based upon size, like 300MB for every half-hour or so (A 60-minute show would be around 600MB, and a 90-minute movie would be 900MB). I have audio locked at 224kb but in my readings I believe tivoserver converts them to 192kb anyway. Mostly I use AutoGK for compressing my (ripped) DVD videos to Xvid for tivoserver.

Here is a really old thread about TyTools having sync issues (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21405). I don't know how applicable it is with v10r4 but you need to figure out where the sync in actually being corrupted. I suspect sync is being lost by the Tivo itself as it tries to split the video and audio and send it seperately. One solution is to try downloading in TY mode and then splitting (demuxing) the audio from the video.

Offspring2099
04-26-2006, 10:48 PM
Ok, I got the file in tystream. Did that. Now, is 'splitting (demuxing)' in tytools is that 'File -> Process: -> Split Multiplex File(s) ??? I dont see demuxing as an option. And if I do that I get a ty.mpg. Is that it? Thanks for all the help.

Offspring2099
04-29-2006, 03:32 AM
I've split the tystream to a m2v and mpa file. While doing so tytools seemed to fill audio holes, (I attached the output file). Then I muxed the two files together with TMPGEnc or tmpeg. I get the same results, the video seems to be insync, but after 30 minutes an on it gets more and more out of sync. :confused:

cheer
04-29-2006, 01:22 PM
Instead of splitting and remuxing, have you considered just converting from .ty to .mpg and then processing with AutoGK, or Gordian Knot or somesuch?

I myself don't use Vdub-MPEG. You might try using an avisynth script with plain ol' Vdub. You can use DGIndex to create a D2V project file, then use MPEG2Source() in your avisynth script...

slimjime17
05-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Well I've just done an hour of video with no problems.

Are you changing the audio frequency from 48KHz?

Offspring2099
05-03-2006, 07:25 PM
I'm not sure, I've tried every possible variation in settings (I think) in tytools. This is really frustrating. Could you please list your options when you get the tystream.

I've tried AutoGK as it was mentioned by a few ppl here (Narf and Cheer) but that had the same result. I have not tried avisynth yet, I need to read up on that.

I'm bummed that this is the part I'm stuck on. When I get home I'll see what audio options I have used.

Offspring2099
05-05-2006, 03:22 AM
You might try using an avisynth script with plain ol' Vdub.

Tried that, didn't work. I don't know if its just my Tivo, Vdub or I'm retarded.

cheer
05-05-2006, 12:19 PM
Dumb question -- in TyTool, do you have "patch audio holes" and "patch AC3 holes" checked?

Offspring2099
05-05-2006, 02:55 PM
Dumb question -- in TyTool, do you have "patch audio holes" and "patch AC3 holes" checked?

"patch audio holes" - is always checked.
"patch AC3 holes" - I have tried, both checked and uncheck. But the default always resets to unchecked, when I start tytools. wierd.

Here is a txt of where the audio holes are filled. Or at least that's what I think is happening.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5570&d=1146295851

cheer
05-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Hmmmm. Yes, the audio holes are being fulled.

I'm not sure what to tell you. I do this almost daily without issue. (And the fact that the patch AC3 holes checkbox won't stick is a know issue, btw...next version should fix that.)

My TyTool is in the middle of downloading about 30gb of HD streams right now, but when it finishes I'll check what my options are and post 'em.

Offspring2099
05-05-2006, 06:28 PM
Great thx, cause I'm about to stab myself.

Narf54321
05-06-2006, 05:45 PM
Have you gotten MFS_FTP running, and tried pulling a show down that way? That would definitely grab the entire video+audio which would be in sync from the Tivo. I'm still curious if the audio sync issue is from the Tivo or the PC.

Offspring2099
05-06-2006, 06:13 PM
I'm still curious if the audio sync issue is from the Tivo or the PC.

That's what I can't figure out either. But good call on mfs_ftp. I will try to get that working next.

EDIT: The link for s2 binaries is removed. :eek: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=93833&postcount=2

ScanMan
05-06-2006, 08:34 PM
The link for s2 binaries is removed.
That's weird I got them there not too long ago...anyway looks like Jamie's mfs_* utils is what you need now; located here. (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39487)

Offspring2099
05-07-2006, 03:06 PM
That's weird I got them there not too long ago...anyway looks like Jamie's mfs_* utils is what you need now; located here. (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39487)

Thanks. I'll do some reading and get this running, hopefuly this week.

ScanMan
05-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Another method I used to use in the early Tivo2Go days (and my pre-hack days) was to use TTG to get a ".tivo" file and then run DirectShowDump to get a vanilla MPEG. Then, load the MPEG into DVD2AVI and save as a "project" which gets you a .d2v video file and an mpa audio with the correct delay offset...

I used to then open up the .d2v in VirtualDUB and frameserve it to TMPGENC for DVD. But you could just save the AVI from VDub using the .d2v "project" files. Another method FWIW; give you something else to try - not like your burned out at this point! :)

Offspring2099
05-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Another method I used to use in the early Tivo2Go days (and my pre-hack days) was to use TTG to get a ".tivo" file and then run DirectShowDump to get a vanilla MPEG. Then, load the MPEG into DVD2AVI and save as a "project" which gets you a .d2v video file and an mpa audio with the correct delay offset...

I used to then open up the .d2v in VirtualDUB and frameserve it to TMPGENC for DVD. But you could just save the AVI from VDub using the .d2v "project" files. Another method FWIW; give you something else to try - not like your burned out at this point! :)

Not burned out yet, hehe. Just annoyed with this. Eh. I'll give this a try, thanks.

ScanMan
05-08-2006, 08:48 PM
I would just try the tytool created mpeg in dvd2avi; I wouldn't recommend TTG, it is painfully slow, really only useful if you don't have superpatch.

Offspring2099
05-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Do you have any idea why when I open d2v file with VirtualDub, it tells me that it doesn't recoginze the file type. Is that what I'm suppose to do after I run dvd2avi; open it with virutalDub, right?

ScanMan
05-08-2006, 11:16 PM
My bad dude; I realized I was opening the d2v file in Tmpgenc and going right to DVD. Sorry for sending you down the wrong path...

maffud
05-09-2006, 04:02 PM
I'm having a similar problem, except that my show seems to get out of sync right from the beginning. I have the fill audio holes options checked.
Tytools Questions:
1) Does fill audio holes work on downloading the stream or on mulitplex processing? I assumed the latter, but if it's on d/l, i'll need to try again.
2) What are the units for "Set Audio Offset?" does a positive number push the sound forward or backward relative to the video?
3) What are the units for "Set Length?"

Oh, btw, I'm currently having the problem on a show that I downloaded via mfs_ftp because it was recorded scrambled right after the 3.5 s1 dtivo upgrade.

For me, this problem is not consistent. Some shows have the sync problem bad, others seem fine when converted to mpeg2.

Thanks.
Dan

Offspring2099
05-15-2006, 03:48 PM
I'm having a similar problem, except that my show seems to get out of sync right from the beginning. I have the fill audio holes options checked.
Tytools Questions:
1) Does fill audio holes work on downloading the stream or on mulitplex processing? I assumed the latter, but if it's on d/l, i'll need to try again.
2) What are the units for "Set Audio Offset?" does a positive number push the sound forward or backward relative to the video?
3) What are the units for "Set Length?"

Oh, btw, I'm currently having the problem on a show that I downloaded via mfs_ftp because it was recorded scrambled right after the 3.5 s1 dtivo upgrade.

For me, this problem is not consistent. Some shows have the sync problem bad, others seem fine when converted to mpeg2.

Thanks.
Dan

Fill audio holes is when you split a ty. 99% sure about that. So you get it in ty, then use tytools on your PC's HD and split it into a vid and audio.

Offspring2099
05-19-2006, 10:41 PM
Have you gotten MFS_FTP running, and tried pulling a show down that way? That would definitely grab the entire video+audio which would be in sync from the Tivo. I'm still curious if the audio sync issue is from the Tivo or the PC.

Just got MFS_FTP working. And I get the same problem. Agh... Audio gets out of sync, the further you get into the show.

I got the ty file via MFS_FTP. Then I split it with Tytools10r4. The holes got filled, I attached the txt tytools made. I muxed it with TMPEnc.

Any ideas? :confused:

Narf54321
05-20-2006, 07:55 PM
If you downloaded the show intact from MFS_FTP and still have sync issues, then you have a timing issue on your PC. Is it overclocked or something?

Offspring2099
05-20-2006, 11:11 PM
I don't think its overclocked. Although I did mess with the bios a bit because my PC kept running at slower frequency when set to auto. I'll check it out.

Meanwhile, I did someting that worked, most of the sync issue is gone, but sometimes there is a slight slip. Its very slight and barely noticeble.

I got the mpeg2 with TyTool10r4 in multplex mode. Then encoded it to divx with PocketDivXEncoder_0.3.60.exe. That works for now. But I would like to get rid of the sync issue completely and want to use vDub.

I'll check my bios and see what I'm running at.

FredThompson
05-21-2006, 05:24 AM
VirtualDub-MPEG2 has a very simple MPEG2 decoder which hasn't been updated in a loooooooong time.

Even if you patch audio holes, TyTool's muxer does some other stuff to make them work properly.

Use DGIndex to demux and patch/sync the audio or decode via AviSynth using DGDecode.

Offspring2099
05-21-2006, 08:38 PM
I myself don't use Vdub-MPEG. You might try using an avisynth script with plain ol' Vdub. You can use DGIndex to create a D2V project file, then use MPEG2Source() in your avisynth script...

Cheer mentioned this earlier and I completely forgot about it.

VirtualDub-MPEG2 has a very simple MPEG2 decoder which hasn't been updated in a loooooooong time.

Even if you patch audio holes, TyTool's muxer does some other stuff to make them work properly.

Use DGIndex to demux and patch/sync the audio or decode via AviSynth using DGDecode.

I ran DGIndex and got a d2v and mpa files.

To create a avisynth script I do the following, but how do I add the mpa audio file to it??? Do I do it later with VdubMod or in the script?

LoadPlugin("C:\dgdecode.dll")
mpeg2source("C:\somefile.d2v")

Thanks.

FredThompson
05-21-2006, 08:42 PM
Read the documentation that's part of AviSynth.

I'd load the script into VirtualDub to test it and frameserve if I were you but I don't do this kind of thing. I keep as MPEG2 interlaced.

Offspring2099
05-21-2006, 10:02 PM
LoadPlugin("C:\pathto\dgdecode.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\pathto\mpasource.dll")

V = mpeg2source("C:\pathto\fileName.d2v")
A = MPASource("C:\pathto\fileName T01 DELAY 80ms.mpa", normalize = false)
AudioDub(V, A)

That seems to load the mpa audio file. I open it with vdub 1.6.12, chose to compress video with divx. Leave the audio file as is. And I still get the same problem. The beginning of the avi is fine but the further you go its out of sync.

FredThompson
05-21-2006, 11:40 PM
If it works properly in VirtualDub's preview, your solution is to use CBR audio or a proper player. Most people who encode to MPEG4 screw up the audio by using VBR and lousy muxing or a poor player.

Offspring2099
05-22-2006, 12:11 AM
Preview shows the audio of out sync with video.

FredThompson
05-22-2006, 12:53 AM
Let's back up. Why are you encoding to MPEG4 and what is the source material?

Offspring2099
05-22-2006, 01:28 AM
Fred,

Source is being mpeg or ty file off my TCD540 tivo.

Why to MPEG4, I don't know, its just a common format that I thought I'd convert it to and if I need to save a movie clip, game or a sitcom I can do that, and save space.

I noticed that you mentioned that you leave your videos "as MPEG2 interlaced."
I'm interested in that, and mainly in how do you get rid of the nasty 'sawtooth' effect.

FredThompson
05-22-2006, 04:41 AM
That's what I thought. The vast majority of people who mess around with MPEG4 fall into 2 categories: those who understand video and those who don't. Reading a few articles at places like doom9 or videohelp and applying them to everything is a great way to make a mess.

Storage media is cheap. Do the math. A blank DVDR is about $0.40. What's your time worth? It's quicker and cheap to burn 2 copies if you want to take something on a trip. Who cares if the copy gets destroyed? Think how long it takes to burn a DVDR. At $0.40, the value of your time used in the burning process far exceeds the cost of the media. Imagine what it actually costs if you are re-encoding!

Having said that, I do know people who collect old films, things which aren't commercially available. They do a lot of processing, adjustment of audio delay, noise reduction, etc. but that's different. They're serious hobbyists and collectors who are restoring old film. Don't misunderstand what I'm saying. Video processing is a great hobby. My comments are about the practice of making MPEG4 "because I can."

"Sawtooth" comes from playing interlaced source as if it were progressive. It's not. It's 2 interleaved sets of images which yield twice the video frame rate. Deinterlacing cuts the effective frame rate in half and smashing things together to make a lot of distortion. If you do this to the source, it can't be "undone."

Use a hardware DVD player or a software player that will deinterlace on the fly. This keeps the source original and will reduce the annoyance if you are watching on a computer monitor. Media Player Classic, VLC, PowerDVD, WinDVD, etc. will all play MPEG2 and can deinterlace during playback if you want. ffdshow can be used to reduce blocky artifacts, etc. You could also play at twice the video frame rate using a proper bobbing to get very smooth video.

Offspring2099
05-22-2006, 05:19 PM
You're right that this IS a hobby and more than anything 'why I'm doing it' is just because I want to learn how.

You make a good point about leaving the source as mpeg2, and I will do that when I just want to save a movie/game. But when I want to make compilations of different vids, I would like to convert to divx or xvid, something simple that other 'video challenged' friends of mine could look at my work without having to find mpeg2 codecs and such.

I've been aware of doom9 for a few years, I found a few articles that talk about syncing audio manualy, but the reason I didn't follow them and asked here is because I thought that my problem was unique to tivo users. In all of the 'how tos' I've seen, the audio is off by the same amount of time, through out the whole vid. In my videos the audio starts out in-sync and gets worse and worse, little by little.

Maybe its my tivo, or my pc cpu timing or probably I'm one of those who doesn't understand video.

Anyways, I thank you for your time and thought.

Narf54321
05-22-2006, 08:43 PM
MPEG4 is a big buzzword lately, but the biggest problem I have with it is that it defines more of a 'wrapper' implementation than MPEG2 which clearly defined video and audio streams.

By wrapper I mean like QuickTime, where the content and required decompressors are listed inside the media file, but are otherwise only a loosely associated group -- I think they call them 'profiles'. For example, the recent H.264 AVC codec can be defined within an MPEG4 file, but doesn't work with a bunch of software.

Unlike MPEG2 which is fairy concretely defined, MPEG4 is open to suffer from featuritis (or perhaps codec-itis) like its QuickTime and AVI counterparts. You never know if a receipient has the capability to actually view the file. (MPEG4 also tends to be very CPU-heavy.)

Offspring2099
05-23-2006, 02:51 AM
MPEG4 is a big buzzword lately, but the biggest problem I have with it is that it defines more of a 'wrapper' implementation than MPEG2 which clearly defined video and audio streams.

By wrapper I mean like QuickTime, where the content and required decompressors are listed inside the media file, but are otherwise only a loosely associated group -- I think they call them 'profiles'. For example, the recent H.264 AVC codec can be defined within an MPEG4 file, but doesn't work with a bunch of software.

Unlike MPEG2 which is fairy concretely defined, MPEG4 is open to suffer from featuritis (or perhaps codec-itis) like its QuickTime and AVI counterparts. You never know if a receipient has the capability to actually view the file. (MPEG4 also tends to be very CPU-heavy.)

Point taken.

FredThompson
05-30-2006, 05:04 AM
I know I came down a little hard. Wasn't trying to dampen enthusiasm.

The intense video nuts I know have all gone back to MPEG2 because it's solid. MPEG4 is still "set in Jell-O" and the hassles get in the way.

Believe me, I'm interested in the potential for 1/2 the storage space compared with MPEG2 but only if it's a raw capture. MPEG4 to play on a cell phone isn't interesting to me.

FWIW, I use a PC for playback so there aren't any format problems. A proper TV-out card works wonders. Those MPEG4 DVD players can't come close to SPP deblocking and other niceties of ffdshow.

Offspring2099
05-30-2006, 01:11 PM
Na dont worry about it, you make a good point. I'll stick with mpeg2, but will still research the wonders of mpeg4.

What I noticed over the weekend is that even when I run an already compressed divx file through VDub, for example if I want to extract a clip, then the audio also gets out of sync. So may be its just my setup.

Also you being an mpeg2 adovicate :D , what do you use to remove the terrible high pitched sound that sometimes comes with the mpeg2 from tivo? It's not terrible, but just annoying. Thanks for all the help.

cheer
05-30-2006, 01:35 PM
Also you being an mpeg2 adovicate :D , what do you use to remove the terrible high pitched sound that sometimes comes with the mpeg2 from tivo? It's not terrible, but just annoying. Thanks for all the help.
I can honestly say that in the thousands of videos I have extracted I have never heard this...

Offspring2099
05-30-2006, 02:18 PM
hmmm, wierd, I'll cut a small piece of the video and post it somewhere, when I get home.

FredThompson
05-30-2006, 08:11 PM
I've never had a squeal, either. Maybe you have a grounding problem with the audio feeds?

eff20see
06-01-2006, 11:38 AM
I tore my hair out over this very same issue several years ago and while I still haven't found a perfectly suitable solution I can usually work around it.

I'm willing to bet it's basically an issue with your directshow MPEG2 splitter (or possibly decoder) that's installed on your PC, namely the "default" one. It's been a long time since I had this problem, but I'm fairly certain the problematic one is a LIGOS splitter (or decoder) but I'd have to look back and figure out how I discovered this in the past. In my case, my PC had several demuxers but the default one was the one that caused all the sync issues. If i could get my encoder/transcoder app to pin itself to one of the non default demuxers, the synch was PERFECT. I tried a lot of things trying to reset my default demuxer to one that worked properly (including removing the offending Ligos decoder or splitter) but the only thing that I could get to work semi consistently was to load an MPEG2 video in windows media player and just leave it stopped in the background. Then I could open Virtualdub or Windows Media encoder and they would recognize that the default demuxer was already in use by another app, so windows media encoder (or virtualdub) would seemingly select one of the other demuxers in the system and everything would be peachy and my audio would remain in perfect synch. i finally figured this out by using some media player (maybe zoomplayer?) that showed me which directshow filters were being used during playback and i finally figured out that the ligos(?) one sucked.

Anyhow, sorry I can't remember all the details but hopefully this is the problem you're facing and you can track down which mpeg splitter (or audio decoder) is the source of your problems.

FredThompson
06-01-2006, 02:57 PM
The GSpot beta is probably the most helpful way to sec codec precedence: http://gspot.headbands.com/

Ligos is a pain, so are Sony/Sound Forge installers which make the ULead splitter the default, killing proper functioning of VFW (VirtualDub, M$ Office, etc.)

Offspring2099
06-01-2006, 03:30 PM
I tore my hair out over this very same issue several years ago and while I still haven't found a perfectly suitable solution I can usually work around it.

I'm willing to bet it's basically an issue with your directshow MPEG2 splitter (or possibly decoder) that's installed on your PC, namely the "default" one. It's been a long time since I had this problem, but I'm fairly certain the problematic one is a LIGOS splitter (or decoder) but I'd have to look back and figure out how I discovered this in the past. In my case, my PC had several demuxers but the default one was the one that caused all the sync issues. If i could get my encoder/transcoder app to pin itself to one of the non default demuxers, the synch was PERFECT. I tried a lot of things trying to reset my default demuxer to one that worked properly (including removing the offending Ligos decoder or splitter) but the only thing that I could get to work semi consistently was to load an MPEG2 video in windows media player and just leave it stopped in the background. Then I could open Virtualdub or Windows Media encoder and they would recognize that the default demuxer was already in use by another app, so windows media encoder (or virtualdub) would seemingly select one of the other demuxers in the system and everything would be peachy and my audio would remain in perfect synch. i finally figured this out by using some media player (maybe zoomplayer?) that showed me which directshow filters were being used during playback and i finally figured out that the ligos(?) one sucked.

Anyhow, sorry I can't remember all the details but hopefully this is the problem you're facing and you can track down which mpeg splitter (or audio decoder) is the source of your problems.

Thank you for the info, so I'm not the only one. I will try playing with it some more since you shined some light on this.

About that sound issue, I cut out a small clip and up'ed it to video.google, but I think they reencoded it or something, because the background noice is gone when I play it from google. So I'll just rar it or zip it up and post it on putfile.com or something.

Offspring2099
06-02-2006, 12:46 AM
With GSpot in 'test' section, I see that the video is opened with elecard's demuxer and the video and audio are insync there.

So I assume Elecards MPEG2 Demuxer is the good one.

Now how do I change that to by my default demuxer.

I downloaded DirectShow Filter Manager, and see that there IS another MPEG2 Demuxer present, so I set that one to 'do not use', and Elecard's Demuxer to 'prefered'. Should this solve the problem, if this was the problem? If not how do I make a specific demuxer be a default for Vdub?

eff20see
06-02-2006, 02:14 PM
With GSpot in 'test' section, I see that the video is opened with elecard's demuxer and the video and audio are insync there.

So I assume Elecards MPEG2 Demuxer is the good one.

Now how do I change that to by my default demuxer.

I downloaded DirectShow Filter Manager, and see that there IS another MPEG2 Demuxer present, so I set that one to 'do not use', and Elecard's Demuxer to 'prefered'. Should this solve the problem, if this was the problem? If not how do I make a specific demuxer be a default for Vdub?

It should solve the problem, but I can't guarantee that it will solve it. It's worth a shot though, at least, eh? If not perhaps you could try switching the actual decoders as well (try audio first then video).

Offspring2099
06-07-2006, 03:18 PM
I'm still playing with the concept that eff20see mentioned.

I was also PMed about a program from this website http://www.videoredo.com/.

I just take my mpeg2 and run it through videoredo and it syncs up the audio. I can see that the files gets little bigger. I'm guessing that the filling of the holes or whatnot. Anyways, that works for me, the downside is that VideoRedo is $50. :eek:

ScanMan
06-07-2006, 03:52 PM
I'm slightly confused, are you having troubles with audio sync in MPEG2 files created by TyTool as well? I thought you were only having sync problems when trying to convert MPEG2 to Divx/AVI. Does the VideoRedo(ne) MPEG2 convert successfully to Divx/AVI with no sync problems?

I've heard of VideoRedo, never used it, but for $50 I'll just keep archiving to DVD given the cost of blank media these days...

Offspring2099
06-07-2006, 05:06 PM
I only have problems when converting mpeg2 to divx. When I play mpeg2 it runs fine. So when I try to convert with vdub-mpeg2 or regular vdub using 'DGIndex/avisynth script' method, my audio gets out of sync gradualy.

Does the VideoRedo(ne) MPEG2 convert successfully to Divx/AVI with no sync problems?
I just ran mpeg2 through VideoRedo to fix the audio sync. After running it through VideoRedo, I can load the mpeg2 into any vdub and it works great.