PDA

View Full Version : ? How to UNscramble a S2 DirecTivo for TyTool?

FieroGT42
05-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Series 2 DSR708, single HDD upgraded in size to 250GB, gunnyman/rbautch Zippered, wired USB-to-ethernet network to Windows XP with TyTool.

I need to unscramble previously recorded programs so I can transfer them to the PC and edit with TyTool, author and burn. Is this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39207) (ScrambleThis's s2_unscramble) the only method? I only have 1 tivo, so scrambling in-place or during transfer to PC is the only option, which he calls very risky because it could wipe everything out. Sounds about as fun as an "rm -rf /" to me.

Someone told me to use this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31213)? I don't think so, because it says it's a noscramble hack, but I could be wrong. Like I already said: It's already NOscrambled, I need an UNscramble for the dozens of programs that were already recorded.

Please don't call me a n00b and tell me to use the search function. I've been writing programs since the pre-Pentium days. ;)

BTW, does anybody know where I can get a decently seeded torrent of the original English dub of Akira, not the Pioneer version? :D

ronnythunder
05-03-2006, 04:56 PM
if you read the s2_unscramble doc a little closer, the risky part is the in-place descrambling. very little risk in using the special extraction tools to descramble on the fly.

ronny

cheer
05-03-2006, 06:26 PM
Please don't call me a n00b and tell me to use the search function. I've been writing programs since the pre-Pentium days. ;)
No surer way to annoy the folks you want help from than to start listing your credentials.

In any case...the S2_Unscramble is the only solution. I did not use the in-place method; I used the modified tserver for TyTool, and it worked great. You'll want to read up on the process of monte-ing.

captain_video
05-03-2006, 10:22 PM
No surer way to annoy the folks you want help from than to start listing your credentials.
Especially when you talk about a hacking method that the authors have been very clear to state that they do not want any mention of it posted in these forums.