PDA

View Full Version : In place unscrable TyDb number question.

flagmaster
05-10-2006, 12:42 PM
See next reply.

flagmaster
05-10-2006, 02:40 PM
I was successfully able to monte into the unscrable kernal. When I prime my shows, I can see the keys are beeing cached as they should. I figured this would be the hard part, but I guess not... I have run into a few road blocks.

#1. On the tivosh command to display the now showing list, it is limited to about 50 shows on the screen. The tyDb id numbers are needed to decrypt shows in place, this is is ok for those 50 or so shows, but what can I do to get the tyDb ids for the onces that dont list.

#2. Trying to do the mfs_ftp using the custom unscrable programs, and using the mips nowshowing.tlc (renamed) Im able to execut the mfs_tserver, but when I try to connect to it via an ftp client, it just hangs when using port number 3565. Is this the wrong port number?

#3. rew.tcl simply returns the error message "./rew.tcl: No such file or directory"

#4. Just for the fun of it I tryed "./kcso.tcl" got the same error message.
(I did chmod these as 755).

#5. Running under this monte kernal config, I get only about 5 to 15 mins before my tivo reboots itself. I have not clue why. If you need me to check logs or whatever, let me know and I will give a report.

cheer
05-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Can't help you with the others as I've never done the in-place unscramble. But:

#2. Trying to do the mfs_ftp using the custom unscrable programs, and using the mips nowshowing.tlc (renamed) Im able to execut the mfs_tserver, but when I try to connect to it via an ftp client, it just hangs when using port number 3565. Is this the wrong port number?
You're confusing mfs_ftp with TyTool. tserver_mfs (not the other way around) is for TyTool. You cannot connect to it with an ftp client; just go grab the latest TyTool and use that client. You'll be golden.

If you do want to use mfs_ftp, that's fine as well; the default port for mfs_ftp is 3105.

flagmaster
05-10-2006, 04:12 PM
Ok, that makes some more sence.

I know I read this some place, but I cant seem to find it now...can you point me to the place to download the correct "nowshowing.tcl" to use with the tserver_mfs.

And tell me where it needs to be put. The one I have now is obviously the wrong one. As I connect with tytool, I get this...

Switching to low priority...
Waiting for an incoming connection!
SERVER: We got a message! buf = 'SHOWING'
missing close-bracket
while compiling
"$ ..."
(file "./NowShowing.tcl" line 71)
Waiting for an incoming connection!

That should allow me to use my nomral tytools to extract primed encrypted shows right?

Thanks again.

eastwind
05-10-2006, 04:23 PM
I was successfully able to monte into the unscrable kernal. When I prime my shows, I can see the keys are beeing cached as they should. I figured this would be the hard part, but I guess not... I have run into a few road blocks.

#1. On the tivosh command to display the now showing list, it is limited to about 50 shows on the screen. The tyDb id numbers are needed to decrypt shows in place, this is is ok for those 50 or so shows, but what can I do to get the tyDb ids for the onces that dont list.

#3. rew.tcl simply returns the error message "./rew.tcl: No such file or directory"

#4. Just for the fun of it I tryed "./kcso.tcl" got the same error message.
(I did chmod these as 755).

#5. Running under this monte kernal config, I get only about 5 to 15 mins before my tivo reboots itself. I have not clue why. If you need me to check logs or whatever, let me know and I will give a report.

#1--I had the same problem. I modified a script I found here on the board that already stepped through all recordings. The mods I made were to output the needed FSIDs beside the title. I had never programmed in TCL before, but the changes were easy enough to figure out.

#3-#4--These scripts would normally be transferred from PC to TiVo as ASCII files. If that happened, the error you got would be the result. Try running them through dos2unix and chmod them again to see if you can get them to function.

ew

cheer
05-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Can't remember where I got it, but here's the one I used when I did this.

flagmaster
05-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Cool, that did the trick for the tsever-mfs.
Eastwind, do you think you might be able to post a link to your modified script to display all the recordings?

Also, if I post exactly how I did my monte, do you guys think you can help me figure out why Im getting reboots? Im afraid it takes so long to transfer stuff over my 2.85 (max!) mB per sec connection that it never gets to finish. 1 hour tv show take over 30 mins to transfer, and the most my tivo will surive is only about 15 before it reboots.

Thanks again for the help.

ScanMan
05-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Also, if I post exactly how I did my monte, do you guys think you can help me figure out why Im getting reboots?Post it and they will come...be sure and include the kernel you are monteing from, the kernel you are monteing to, the version of kmonte.o, your rc.sysinit.monte/bogus (renamed) and even your kernel log might help too!

flagmaster
05-10-2006, 11:26 PM
I might have found the problem, it seems that my rc.sysinit.monte got bash'ed a bit by my cut and paste. I tried to clean it up with nano, and just made it worse. When I attempted a reboot with the totally screwed up monte file my tivo total barffed at boot into a total system hang with a yelllo status light on the front pannel.

I pulled the drive and edited the rc.sysinit.monte file on my pc with a lba48 boot cd verison of linux and pico.

This seems to have fixed it, as I put it back into my tivo and it motnt'ed just fine and has been "alive" and tserver_mfs has been moving over my primed shows just fine for almost 30 full mins now.

----

My rc.sysinit.monte file got "bashed" by having its <cr>'s messed up at the end of each line of the script. I think I messed up my TERM settings some place as when I hit return the tivo must think I hit it twice.

bash-2.02#:<cr> results in this on my screen:

Bash-2.02#
Bash-2.02#_

In nano, if I hit return it seems to goof up my text file, and tells me in the nano program that "I can now unjustify". I have clue what that means.

Pulling the drive and doing it on my pc with cd-booted linux and using pico seemed to work just like it should.

Any clues on this one?

Im going to let this run all night monte'ed and see if it will surive.

I will attack the in-place unscrable a bit more tommarow as well.

Flagmaster

eastwind
05-12-2006, 05:29 AM
I'm not going to post my modified script here since it's likely copyrighted by the original author and I just used it for my own personal use. If I post it, it would be plagiarism or a copyright violation. I've already told you that it was easy to modify. Plus you'll have the satisfaction of doing it yourself. :)

One possible problem with the extra line feeds is a setting in your terminal program. You'll have to track it down in the settings because each term program is a little (or a lot) different. The setting tell your term whether to send a CR by itself or CR/LF together when you press the ENTER key. You want it to just send CR.

ew

flagmaster
05-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Ok, the linefeed problem is fix, thanks.

Im willing to modifiy the script myself then, but what should I do the search on to find it--whats its name?

Thanks again.

ps - monte'd tivo is runnign just fine--up for two days now with no reboot.