PDA

View Full Version : Orphaned recording

jwciv
05-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Extracted a recording from my DSR7000 DTivo using Tytool to my computer. Used tytool to create cut file, cut out what I didn't want, split to .m2v and .m2a, then used mplex to convert back to a .ty. Final .ty file was about 5 meg, less than a one minute video. I then tried inserting the .ty file into the .ty directory using SmartFTP. The server closed the connection and the tranfer was not completed, but partially transfered.
So now in the now playing list, there is my .ty file with a red recoding dot to the left of it. It does not play, there is not an option to stop the recording and when I try to delete it seems like it deletes, but does not go away from Now Playing.
Tried to use TWP to delete, no luck there either. TWP info screen shows it as "currently recording"
I also tried opening the ty directory with SmartFTP. I can see the directoy structure, but as soom as I click on any of the directories, I get disconnected.
Any idea how I can "stop" this recording and delete it?

ScanMan
05-10-2006, 08:46 PM
Navigate to the ty folder (with mfs_ftp) and delete the physical file. That should clear it from "Now Playing."

jwciv
05-10-2006, 08:52 PM
Navigate to the ty folder (with mfs_ftp) and delete the physical file. That should clear it from "Now Playing."

Thanks for the reply ScanMan
rebooted computer, got back in with SmartFTP, didn't disconnect me this time :). deleted and it's gone from NP