PDA

View Full Version : Pc Thinks Its A Tivo

Pdgep2
05-11-2006, 11:48 PM
Is There A Way To Make A Pc Think It Is A Tivo, So I Can Store Movies And Tv Shows On It And Pull Them Off Using The Nowplaying List Of The Tivo. I Know You Can Do This With Hmo But I Have Hacked Directivos And This Is Not A Option. In Theory I Want To Use A Pc As A Media Server To Store Dvds And Want To Pull Them Off And Watch Them When I Want

cheer
05-12-2006, 12:13 AM
First, don't capitalize every word; it's very annoying.

You say you know you can do this with HMO, but that you have hacked DirecTivos and this is not an option. Why is it not an option?

In any case, if you have S2 DirecTivos and are running 4.x or higher, you can use tivoserver. Search the forum for it.

Pdgep2
05-12-2006, 12:37 AM
It is possible to veiw movies stored on a pc on a tivo using HMO but I can't get a media access key to do the transfers on dtivo 6.2. Ideally i would like to install linux on a pc install movies on it and make my tivos think it is a tivo so i could pull the movies to my tivo when i want to watch them.

cheer
05-12-2006, 12:45 AM
You don't need the media access keys. Just make sure your DirecTivo doesn't phone home and run the latest superpatch.

Then run tivoserver on a PC and you're set. It will show up as a Tivo in the Now Playing list.

Pdgep2
05-12-2006, 12:58 AM
I can veiw my pics and mp3s on my tivo from my tivodesktop software and i can veiw my tivos on each other. I cant get the tivo desktop to see the tivos on the network

cheer
05-12-2006, 07:00 AM
You're not paying attention. Tivo desktop has nothing to do with this. Run tivoserver on the PC.