PDA

View Full Version : Need help removing artifacts

vbulakh
05-18-2006, 12:25 PM
Hi,

I am having problems with the show I recorded yesterday - UEFA Champions League Final (from ESPN). The game plays fine on my HDVR2, but when I transfer files from tivo to my pc (using TyTool), I get seldom artifacts throughout the game (always at the same places) and I really want to get rid of them. It has never happened to me before so I am completely clueless as to what to do.

I would appreciate if someone could help me.

Thanks.

Here is the example:

cheer
05-18-2006, 12:56 PM
I guess I'm blind...what am I looking for? I don't see artifacts in this picture.

vbulakh
05-18-2006, 01:06 PM
Sorry, I should have provided more details.

The artifacts are grey lines which are located on left and right sides of the picture.

Thanks.

cheer
05-18-2006, 02:55 PM
Sorry, I should have provided more details.

The artifacts are grey lines which are located on left and right sides of the picture.

Thanks.
Those are not artifacts. ESPN puts them there as borders. You can't really see it here, but if you were to watch it on ESPNHD, you'd actually see that the lighter grey spots within the darker grey say "HD."

vbulakh
05-18-2006, 03:00 PM
Those are not artifacts. ESPN puts them there as borders. You can't really see it here, but if you were to watch it on ESPNHD, you'd actually see that the lighter grey spots within the darker grey say "HD."

I didn't know that, thanks.